Help, need a few questions answering.

Hello everyone,
I just need a few questions answering so i have all the information i need when i start putting things together. If anyone can help with any of the problems a reply would be much appreciated.

Screen Help - So i ordered a battery pack and i was wondering if there is a 12v line on the GameCube motherboard. I know there is on the others but I'm using the motherboard with the regulator built in.

Battery Saving Help - I also need to know if using a step down regulator will save me battery. If i do use this i will be taking the power from my 12v 6800mAh battery pack and putting it into the regulator and stepping it down to 7.4v as i have read the GameCube can run fine on this voltage. Will this save me battery? If it doesn't i will not bother. If not is there a way to save battery in my situation without making things too complicated.

Component Cable Help - One more thing. Im about to order a new screen as my old one was rubbish. I really would like to use a GameCube component cable but they are way too expensive. I remember seeing someone use a Wii component cable instead does this work? Does it improve the quality or is it not worth it? If not is there another way i can improve the picture quality without spending a ridiculous amount of money. A different cable..?

The 12v line on your GameCube (model DOL-101) is the 12v input. If you run the motherboard on 14.8v, the 12v line will be 14.8v.

I don't think your motherboard with the built-in regulator will run on 7.4v. The reason the other GC's can is because we replace the whole regulator with one that works on 7.4v.

No one has used the Wii's component cable on a GameCube. They're too different. Your cheaper alternatives are S-video if you have an NTSC console and RGB if you have a PAL console. S-video is a slight improvement over composite and some screens may or may not support it.
RGB is a big improvement but it's really not practical because not many screens, if any, support straight RGB.

Back