Hello, general Portable problem :)

Kraxxi

Newb
First off, Heyho I'm new to this forum, I have next to zero knowledge about modding, but have read through several tutorials and explanations already :)

After being inspired by just the plain ability to play me snes while underway (I travel alot) I decided to take my snes and a portable dvd player apart.

I was able to take apart the Snes without any problems, located all the necessary connections and (at least in theory) know what to do.

My major issue now is that I ruined the mainboard+inverter of the dvd player, and now have only the screen left. I have no clue what my next step should be, as well as how I would wire the screen to the snes mobo.

I would appreciate some help on what I have to do, do I need to buy an entire new screen? Or can I buy a general adapter to go from the screen (which stilll has the bronze data cable+backlight cables intact) to the snes? Which video in/output should I chose from the snes multi out? I have the 12 pins revealed, and I have a pinout as to whichones are what but once again, I am unsure how to go about everything.

Hope you guys can help me out with thisone! :D

Cheers,
Michael

portable DVD player screens don't tend to be very useful in this regard. Unless the DVD player in question is designed to take in composite input and you keep the mobo intact, then it won't really be of much use to you. I'd suggest taking a gander at the megasticky in our Screens forum to get an idea of what will and won't work and figure out what's best for your application.

Back