Antome said:
Was actually very good. Almost all film
sagas tend to suck after number 3-6.

Totally worth it, if you're wondering.
Although, I don't read the books,
so one part didn't quite fit in my head
until someone explained it to me.

WAY better than transformers 3. Yep.

Having read all the books I was a bit disappointed at the very ending sequence. Other than that they did a fantastic job and stuck to the original story pretty well throughout the whole movie. Better than TF3?.. Yea for sure. But unlike a bunch of people I know who hated TF3 I still thought it was a decent flick.

It was a fantastic movie. I'm something of a film lover, and I must say, it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

I posted a list of spoilers on Facebook and a 70-post argument ensued. I thought it was pretty funny. :p Palmer was there, he participated. It was really just one of my friends getting amazingly mad, though.

I really wish they'd do it mini-series style. One season for each book. That way they could fit everything in there instead of boiling it down pure plot with a little bit of character development.

Mario said:
I posted a list of spoilers on Facebook and a 70-post argument ensued. I thought it was pretty funny. :p Palmer was there, he participated. It was really just one of my friends getting amazingly mad, though.
Any chance of a screenshot?

I went and saw the midnight show on the 14th, was a very good moive, except where voldemort died.
He exploded, which I didn't really understand.

Noah7 said:
He exploded, which I didn't really understand.
Also,
Harry didn't repair his own wand before breaking the elder wand. So I guess he kept using Draco's forever?

The movie was great, I just wanted it to be more like the book. :/

budnespid said:
Harry didn't repair his own wand before breaking the elder wand. So I guess he kept using Draco's forever?
This really confused me.They left so much out of the movie, and what was up with Harry grabbing Voldemort and jumping off the cliff?

The only Harry Potter book I've read, The Goblet of Fire, was dreadfully boring. I haven't seen a Harry Potter movie since Order of the Phoenix, but it's an okay movie series. Certainly not the best movie series like everyone proclaims it to be.

Having just seen this a second time, it really pisses me off how much they changed/left out of the last 30 minutes of the movie.

Right from the start of the Hogwarts battle sequence it all turned into pure bullflax. For one thing, Harry did not make his entrance at Hogwarts the way it happened in the movie at all. What happened to the death eater brother and sister sequence in Hufflepuff which tied into the whole back story of the Gray Lady and how Voldemort had come to acquire the tiara thing from her? The way they portrayed all of this in the movie was just pure bullflax and at the end, for someone who didn't read the books. I can see it not making a whole lot of sense.

Another part that really bothered me was the Nevil sequence. This was a really EPIC moment for Nevil in the book and they totally ruined it in the movie. Why they changed this part is beyond me, cause there really was no reason to.

IMO they could have spent a few more minutes explaining Snape's story also. The fact that Snape really was a good guy the whole time because of his love for Harrys mother was poorly conveyed in the film.

Surprisingly the fact that Voldemort just disintegrates into thin air at the end of the film bothers me the least. Because of the way this sequence went in the books it would have been difficult to film it the way it really happened AND keep it exciting at the same time. So I can sympathize a bit here.

Meh, this is why books are ALWAYS better...

Ashen said:
Having just seen this a second time, it really pisses me off how much they changed/left out of the last 30 minutes of the movie.

Right from the start of the Hogwarts battle sequence it all turned into pure bullflax. For one thing, Harry did not make his entrance at Hogwarts the way it happened in the movie at all. What happened to the death eater brother and sister sequence in Hufflepuff which tied into the whole back story of the Gray Lady and how Voldemort had come to acquire the tiara thing from her? The way they portrayed all of this in the movie was just pure bullflax and at the end, for someone who didn't read the books. I can see it not making a whole lot of sense.

Another part that really bothered me was the Nevil sequence. This was a really EPIC moment for Nevil in the book and they totally ruined it in the movie. Why they changed this part is beyond me, cause there really was no reason to.

IMO they could have spent a few more minutes explaining Snape's story also. The fact that Snape really was a good guy the whole time because of his love for Harrys mother was poorly conveyed in the film.

Surprisingly the fact that Voldemort just disintegrates into thin air at the end of the film bothers me the least. Because of the way this sequence went in the books it would have been difficult to film it the way it really happened AND keep it exciting at the same time. So I can sympathize a bit here.

Meh, this is why books are ALWAYS better...
This entirely.

Σigma said:
Mario said:
Any chance of a screenshot?
Here you go. Linked for being over 6000 pixels long:
http://i.imgur.com/qlUXt.png

Looking back, the whole thing is pretty funny in my opinion.
And he never did address my, "why did you read the whole thing" point. I think he read it, got mad at himself, and wanted to put it off onto others.

While the movies have their differences, I for one as a an avid reader of the series, find that the movies do an excellent job of conveying the general plot line and the characters feel just as they are supposed to. The environments are exactly as I visualized them while reading, and I cannot say that all of that doesn't impress me. With all of its flaws, it still remains very true to the books, as much as it can in a 2 hour time frame per movie. I've enjoyed all of the movies, and I think credit is due to the people who made them more than criticism.

Mario said:
Looking back, the whole thing is pretty funny in my opinion.
And he never did address my, "why did you read the whole thing" point. I think he read it, got mad at himself, and wanted to put it off onto others.

I just read that. Unbelievably funny. I'm about to die laughing here.

Him reading it and getting angry is undeniably true as well.

Good movie. I laughed through most of it and got hateful looks. I also noticed that the TV preview had Voldemort saying "AAAAAAAAAAAAAUGGGGGGGHHHHH" the same way like eight times, but it was never in the movie. Made me sad.

Voldemort has always struck me in the films as a poor old man from Sherlock Holmes, who's disproved science and is angry at everyone.

@∑nigma: More than that, though, why the Heck didn't Harry die after constantly being crashed into so many bricks and crap at such high speeds?

@J.D: I agree with you for the most part, but the last one is amazing. It's totally worth watching. All the others are good, but this one is truly great.

@Ashen: Actually, I have to disagree about the Snape sequence. I think they did it just right. They could have shown a bit more of Lily growing to hate him, but the what makes the way they did it so great is how much they really left up to the viewer to make clear. They made it clear without flat-out explaining it, and I think if they had made that part more like the book, it wouldn't have been as powerful.

Also, I'm I the only one who thinks that Voldemort sounds like the guy who sings Chacaron Macaron when he casts Avada Kedavra on Harry?

Back