Great idea for MRCA!!!

SonyQrio

Frequent Poster
I would feel a tad awkward going to Palmers house to hold MRCA. Why don't we all have a Portable Systems EXPO at a great public place such as the Hacker Dojo! They have tons of tools, soldering irons, electronic components, old projects you can salvage from. Its basically like sitting in a Radio Shack and having a workbench there! AND ITS ALL FREE FOR THE TAKING!! SERIOUSLY!!! (As long as you donate $20 when you walk in!) I would definitely be there!

The building is huge! There are presentation rooms and individual labs. I cannot stress how great of a place this is for MRCA!

Californians lets all meet there!!!! :awesome:

Check out the website.

http://wiki.hackerdojo.com/w/page/25437/FrontPage

MRCA isn't exactly planned to be productive. It's going to be a week of beach, smash bros, and gay sex with some soldering thrown in.....maybe.

wut. Ya I kinda thought It would just be a bunch of moding and hanging out. Maybe... IDK

- mymixed

Of course there would be some modding, but all of these get togethers are for hanging out with cool people.

mymixed said:
wut. Ya I kinda thought It would just be a bunch of moding and hanging out. Maybe... IDK

- mymixed

That's MRCT.

But yea, pretty much what Toast said. MRCA was always discussed as being at someone's house (with a hotel possibly being the absolute last option), and being geared more towards having fun and chilling. General meet ups are different from say convention meet ups like ComiCon or MGC.

Zero said:
mymixed said:

- mymixed

That's MRCT.

But yea, pretty much what Toast said. MRCA was always discussed as being at someone's house (with a hotel possibly being the absolute last option), and being geared more towards having fun and chilling. General meet ups are different from say convention meet ups like ComiCon or MGC.
CvBEl.jpg

Pictured: Tons of modding.

For me, the point of getting together with people with similar interests is to explore and share knowledge in the field. That's what I had MRCT for, anyway.

βeta said:
For me, the point of getting together with people with similar interests is to explore and share knowledge in the field. That's what I had MRCT for, anyway.

And that's perfectly okay and understandable, but that's why we needed another meetup for anyone who just wanted to meet people and chill. A lot of people don't want to travel across the country just to mod stuff 24/7. We can have both.

Because I've wanted to take a trip to Cali anyway, just more of a reason to go.

Why. YOU ASK WHY?!? :D Cause your all so :awesome:! Non-internet people aren't as :awesome:! (except for a select few)

- mymixed

mymixed said:
Common toast
Sounds like an enemy from a hardcore RPG, that. And internet people are just like normal people. Just much easier to talk to. So you can see how cool they are, because, on the net, its harder to tell (and care) who is sitting at the nerd table.

Back