Graphic tablet

ToastBucket

tost
I've been looking for a relatively good tablet for $40-$60. I've considered the bamboo and a couple others. I want one that senses the pen above the tablet without being touched and is 8"x6". Also, can these be used as mice?

ToastBucket said:
I've been looking for a relatively good tablet for $40-$60. I've considered the bamboo and a couple others. I want one that senses the pen above the tablet without being touched and is 8"x6". Also, can these be used as mice?
It takes some getting used to to be used as a mouse, :dah:
Mines weird. It'll move around above the tablet, but you have to press on it fairly hard for it to register a click, even on high sensitivity :dah: (however there is two clicking buttons on the pen). It has several bajillion shortcut 'buttons' on the sides of the tablet too. Its an aiptek one. Havent used it much but it gets the odd scratch if you're not careful.
'twas 40 NZD.

I dunno, in a pinch you could try a wiimote? :p

I remember seeing this thing you attach to the top of your screen and then use a pen just like it was a touch screen.

Of course I cant remember the name tho.

ToastBucket said:
I've decided to get this one: http://www.monoprice.com/products/produ ... largeimage

Any objections or other suggestions?
Seems similar to mine, only mine's bigger and less emtpy space on the edges..

and epic, dealextreme have something along those likes, but has mixed reviews. Needs some soldering, replacing sometimes etc.

BenFTW said:
Ok I bought the tablet you mentioned in the link. Will review it when it arrives.

You just casually went along and bought it? You moneyman or something?

It's $36 and this guy has something up his sleeve that'll have a significant amount of money coming his way soon. * ;) 's at Ben*

Dont you dare! only Wacom tablets are fully supported by just about all graphics programs, and the pens dont need batterys like this one does. and the tracking is just plain better on a wacom. If your that desperate for a cheap on ebay it.

Battery pens>corded pens. With cordless pens, the pen doesnt have to touch the pad to be detected. It shows up as a little dot on the screen then when you press down it draws something. And I think that every tablet just acts as a mouse. Making every one compatible with everything.

Well.. anyone who doubted this tablet can stop talking now. Seriously, it's a great deal! I got mine in the mail today, and I would say the functionality was up there with Wacom. It feels and works in no way cheaply, and is also great for a first graphics tablet.

Last edited:
wacom arn't corded or use batterys, and no, a tablet is not a mouse with a pen, the are pressure and angle sensitive

Diminuendo said:
wacom arn't corded or use batterys,
So Wacom's just get power out of nowhere?

Im not looking for some expensive tablet. This one that I found and ben got is perfect for me.

Back