Go-cart

I am taking a auto tech class and after the school year is over would like to build a go-cart that can go like 20mph or faster.

I know a guy who's brother knows a guy who made one :dahroll:

Also, there used to be an electric one sitting in the robotics room. It didn't look too complicated.

XCVG said:
I know a guy who's brother knows a guy who made one :dahroll:

Also, there used to be an electric one sitting in the robotics room. It didn't look too complicated.
what kind of battery did that use? a car battery? then its probably just a variable switgh for a throttle. then you just need a frame and stuff.

It would be fun to build a speedy little go-kart into the smallest form factor possible.

Mine is simple: a furniture dolly for the frame, with the back wheels welded to an axle with a sprocket on it. The front wheels are attached to a steering system. The pedals are two metal bike breaks with thin rectangular steel sheets welded onto them. Right is throttle, left splits into two cables, and goes to the back wheels (they're small bike wheels) and there are two bicycle brakes with good pads (Huffy, $17/ piece. Not those crap $5 ones.) The seat is from an old swivel chair (Comfort FTW) My mom's a teacher, and when she changed rooms, she got the chair and didn't want it, so it became mine. The only thing I really need to figure out is how to set-up the steering system. Estimations from my motor's horsepower, weight of everything (including me), and gear ratio, I should get about 60mph with a 160 lb person. w00t! :awesome:

Cool, but steering without a differential would be... interesting.

Unfortuantely, I would never be able to build one. I don't measure and can't cut worth a Dang. Not that I'm interested anyway; I'm a wimp nerd who lives in the basement.

For steering, the way mine works is at the end of the steering wheel pipe there is a flat part, and attached to either side is a metal rod allowed to rotate. The other end of the rod is attached to the back of one wheel. Same for other side. So when the wheel spins, one rod moves away and pushes the wheel that direction, the other side in. Hard to explain, really. :p

snowpenguin said:
For steering, the way mine works is at the end of the steering wheel pipe there is a flat part, and attached to either side is a metal rod allowed to rotate. The other end of the rod is attached to the back of one wheel. Same for other side. So when the wheel spins, one rod moves away and pushes the wheel that direction, the other side in. Hard to explain, really. :p
A picture's worth a thousand rants. :p

Search google for pictures of a 'Dingo'. It's a go cart. Sure you knew that. ;)

Mine's about 75 miles away from me.

First off Go-Kart has a "K" in it.And second I am in Ct selling my Go-Kart.Any intest?It works I just like mini bikes better. :dah:

Back