GC homebrew doesn't work right and makes me angry.

ShockSlayer

Probably SS
Well, as I've been working on my SLGC, I wired up a 59 block memory card(my last memorycard, gah, I managed to screw up my 251. ;_;) to slot A and an SD card slot to slot B.

I figured using a 59 block wouldn't be all that bad, I could just use that one memory card manager program(at this point I've tried several) to move save files to and from the SD card, effectively allowing me to have as many save files as I want, I would just have to swap them out using the program.

Well, it doesn't work. I can load the program through bootable disc swiss(and through the bootable disc SDload,) but it won't let me actually use the program, it come up with an error(i'll record this later, having 8gb card issues, of the two sd cards I own now.) I think it worked when I was using the SD card for slot A, though.

I also can't get mPlayer to load through swiss/sdload. I get an error about the files not being in the right place on the SD card, however, I can load mplayer via bootable disc just fine and play media files from the SD card.

Emulators(vbagx, snes9xgx) seem to load/work fine, I'm not sure if they are saving though, I might just be operating them wrong, I will check this later.

I don't know if it's the fact that I'm using slot B now, or that I'm not loading sdload/swiss via action replay, or if it's my SD card or what. I'm using a 2gb toshiba one, the one that came with the 3DS, I also tried a 2gb sandisk ultra card, no change. I previously used a 1gb card, kodak brand. Cheap piece o' flax but everything was working with it in slot A on the GC through the AR loading thing, and I used it in my ZNWii too, it got *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed up pretty good when I wired up the SD card slot backwards, was only showing half it's capacity in Windows 7, so I ate it.

I've heard of issues with the length of the wires when it comes to wiring these up, I already tried shortening them, it didn't change much, and I don't really think I can shorten them any more with how it's mounted in the case, it's pretty close though, I'll measure it later. I'm using some single core IDE cable, but I've used it before and in longer quantities and it worked. I guess if I can't figure out anything else, I'll try replacing part of the wires with thicker stuff(if I can find anything ._.)

The only other things I can think of is that I might've fried one of the transistors on slot b when I wired up the sd card slot backwards, that could be causing a problem I guess, but I seem to remember reading that the transistors can be bypassed and are not needed, perhaps I can just remove it and wire somewhere else, and my problem will go away. I also plan to somehow get my hands on another memory card and wire up one of those little sd-> memcard adapters like Zenloc and Ashen did, and try plugging that in and seeing how it behaves, if it acts weird then I'll know that I definitely screwed up something on the board. I don't want to go down that path though.

Anyone have problems/find solutions/know why I'm *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing up?

SS

Why are you using action replay to load homebrew when you have a wiikey fusion? ><

File name: WKF_SWISSR52.iso File size: 2.15 MB

You may have fried something, but I doubt it. It sounds like a conflict between the programs you're using to load the homebrew to me. Also, some of the older GC homebrew cant use large SD cards because of just being plain old outdated software. emu_kidid talked about adding a save transfer feature to swiss a while back, lets hope for it to materialize.

Also:

http://cgi.ebay.com/128MB-128-MB-128M-M ... 20b74c89df

pretty Dang cheap, works well.

Edit: That single core IDE wire is great. I SERIOUSLY doubt that is your problem. I use it for just about everything, its handy because you can jam it right down into the via's on the GC.

No, no no no, that was before I got the wiikey fusion wired up. I've been using my own isos on the WKF to boot swiss. I normally use swiss, I tried SDload(as an iso) just to confirm that swiss itself wasn't the problem...I haven't booted via AR for a long time. :dah:

I guess I should try a smaller SD card, then. I'll be surprised if I can actually find any. EDIT: My dad gave me a 32mb card. I will test this out in a moment.

Yeah, I love that wire too, I just wanted to make sure! :p

I will see if I can gather $10-15 and get a few of those.

SS

Alright, using the smaller SD card, mPlayer still has the wrong directory error, I was able to almost get mcbackupAB to restore backups, it loaded the list but got an error during restore.

Maybe these apps just need slot A?

SS

Back