I've recently gotten into modding, I've purchased the following tools:

- Sodlering Iron
- Desoldering Iron
- Multimeter
- Wire Strippers
- Dremel
- HVLP Spray Gun
- Air Compressor

Granted, I know nothing about modding but I've been researching a lot lately and I hope to eventually make a portable Gamecube. I'm gonna be starting off slowly with a NOAC. However, I recently found my old GBC and decided to mod it as well. The very first thing I plan to do is frontlight the GBC and and replace the case with a transparent case I ordered from DealExtreme. I just got it Friday but I'm still waiting for the tri-wing screwdriver. I've seen an image floating around here showing that the tri-wing screwdriver can be substituted with a really small flathead. Could anyone provide said image or offer any information as to the size specifically needed? If not, it's cool. Also, this is an introductory post of sorts which is why I kinda covered more than just the GBC mod.

Flat-head screwdriver that will fit in one of the "wings", apply a healthy amount of pressure to keep it from jumping, and turn. Usually the smallest screwdriver in a jewelry/glasses/precision screwdriver kit will do.

vskid3 said:
Flat-head screwdriver that will fit in one of the "wings", apply a healthy amount of pressure to keep it from jumping, and turn. Usually the smallest screwdriver in a jewelry/glasses/precision screwdriver kit will do.
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure 'cause around where I am those small screwdriver sets are unreasonably priced.

Even if you get a small enough flathead screw, using it to get the tri wing screws out will be very difficult. You probably should just order a tri wing screwdriver from ebay or something. It'll make putting the case back on way easier also.

While you're at it, you might as well toss an overclock mod in along with some LED's. Both are very simple mods that turn out pretty cool.

Back