Gaming mouse

J.D

No Stranger To Love
What's the best gaming mouse for under $60? Should I get a mouse pad too?

Dis be mah mouse.
114NHAMKRCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

mbe58-2.jpg

The G500 is NOT nice.

Logitech's gaming mice stopped being good after the G5.
G5 was a fantastic mouse, all Logitech's since have been watered down versions of it.
Don't bother.

Right now?
Best gaming mice are Razer.
DeathAdder == *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing GREAT mouse, and around $50 right now, less if you find a sale.
The Abyssus is also cheap, and worth looking at, but I personally don't care for it.

Mad Catz's Rat series is supposedly good, and the 7 (I think) is fully adjustable and has a ton of buttons.

The Rat series is "decent", the 7 is cool, but doesn't live up to it's purported capabilities.
It is cool, but it's kind of gimmicky.
Honestly? Not a terrible mouse, not at all, just not my preference, and doesn't hold up to most decent Razer mice if you ask me.

I had a deathadder, the drivers were *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing terrible. I returned that Sega. I might rebuy it though, just for the accuracy I don't get from having my mouse settings brought up on all games.

Idiot.
Don't bother with the drivers.

*Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing plug and play.
There is NEVER a need for using the fancy flax software that comes with mice, it's pointless crap that will do you no good.

DeathAdder is a great mouse.

I'm using some Logitech mouse (MX620 I think). Works great for me, super high sensitivity compared to what I used before, and now I get pissed off with low sensitivity, slow cursor speed and low resolution on cheap mice. This one has a laser engine, claims 800dpi IIRC. It's pretty good resolution. Side buttons are nice (forward/back, also extra mouse buttons), "search" button is *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing useless and annoying and I turned it off (unfortunately cannot be a sixth button). Adjustable scroll wheel, looks like it has a pretty wide range but really it's ultra-smooth or clicky, no in between. Ergonomic shape, comfy enough. Cordless is nice, doesn't cause problems if you keep the batteries fresh and the receiver close. I like it a lot, but I take it you want something more hardcore and gaming-oriented.

Tl;dr? MX620 is a good mouse and I love mine but probably not hardcore enough for you.

Goin with DeathAdder. Should I get a specific mousepad or is plain smooth wood fine?

I use a Logitech MX518. ~$40 on Amazon if I remember correctly. Five main buttons, a ratcheting scroll wheel, 1800dpi with adjustable sensitivity settings -- ON THE FLY. I can go from 1800dpi in TF2 for most classes and down to 800 or even 400 while I'm sniping just by pressing a button. Palmer has one too -- he recommended it to me, in fact.

As for a mousepad, I have this one. Works beautifully!

I bought a Magic Mouse by Apple. I got it for $35 on Ebay, and It is the coolest mouse I've ever used. Works amazing for games. And on PC's too.

You just said it works amazing for games, then you change your mind. I tried one in a store. HORRIBLY uncomfortable, and whatever multi-touch crap it was supposed to have didn't even work.

Back