Gamecube Audio Amp Suggestions?

zack

Recently I've been working on a portable gamecube, and I will be using a screen with no audio input. This means that I will need some sort of separate audio amp to use for sound. So far I've been considering two kinds of amps, both of which are designed for the iPod.

The first one is a tiny amplifier which can be read about HERE
And found on ebay HERE

It seems like an awesome little amplifier, but will require different speakers and small wiring to those pins on the board. Perhaps those speakers could be replaced by ones from digikey such as THESE. The problem is finding one of the right specifications so the sound quality is good, and not too quiet due to large speakers.

The other amp I'm considering is the iLuv iSP100 and can be read about HERE
And found on ebay HERE

I like this amp best so far. Although it is bigger and more expensive, it has better quality speakers and a simple audio input. Also, no replacing the speakers so there would be no doubt that they work well. I'm not quite sure which amp is a better choice, so I'm posting here to ask for any of your guys's opinions or suggestions on them. Perhaps you've used these personally or you know of some better ones, this is where to discuss that. It would help me, a friend of mine, and anyone else looking for audio amps out.

here is a little one,
3szN4.jpg

if it don't you can try with the little speakers, the came on sony ericcson phones, this one is what i'm using in my Atom cube
images

or this
images

those have a tiny amp, wich is good

I'm really not sure what you mean by these. Thank you for the help, but can you be more specific about what types of speakers these are?

of course, a while ago when you buy a sony ericcson phone those speaker used to come with the phone, like a bonus, you can easely find one, they are very common, if you got one when dissasembly it has a little amplifier inside, you can google sony ericcson speakers to plug and should appear the pinout

I don't know how big your GCP is going to be, but if you have the room then THESE (link)

are pretty nice. Sound quality is good and they run on 5V USB so you could just hook them up to the regulator board for power. I have them and they don't take up nearly all the space in the cube, but (BEWARE) they are still pretty bulky compared to most others... but if you have the space, the sound quality is worth it.

Thanks for these. It's definitely an option to consider if my, or anyone else's, portable will be big enough for them. I might be using the ZN-45 enclosure for my portable, with a wiikey fusion. So in that case, (excuse the pun) do you think they would fit?

Back