Gamecube 60Hz screen problem.

browar

Newb
[Big edit. Didn't want to make a new thread, since it's basically about the same thing.]

Hey .
I've been working on my portable gamecube for some time now, and today my screen finally arrived from singapore ;P
It's the exact same screen Ashen used in his latest revision of gc portable.

It's this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-0-TFT-LCD-Mod ... 262wt_1163

The problem with my screen is 60hz games. 50hz works perfectly fine, but if I choose 60hz ( zelda:tp, or I'm forced to use 60hz mode (NTSC super mario sunshine) the picture flickers, but just a little bit. Hard to describe it, but it looks as if the screen is offset 3px up and down every second frame. Kind of hard on your eyes. My Gamecube is PAL. Is there any way to fix this? Didn't even expect this, since ashen used this screen, and I guess there's bound to be a game running 60hz exclusively in everyone's game collection.

Jun 16 update
So I felt adventurous and just shorted those points I suspected of being control buttons. The menu came up and there's a picture mode on the bottom of infoscreen. It says PAL no matter what mode I run. Pal50 zelda is PAL and NTSC super mario sunshine is ran in pal too. So I thought my screen does not support ntsc (and pal60 for that matter). But then I tried to connect my ps2 to it. It's PAL too. So the menu ran in PAL mode obviously, but when I started my Northern America release of tekken 5, it changed to NTSC. Ookay, so It does detect signal change. Tried Pal Jak&Daxter, since it supports Pal60 mode, and as it turns out pal60hz works fine too. I'm baffled. I know the screen is 100% fine and works as it's supposed too, but not on gamecube apparently. Gamecube informs my lcd panel it's in pal mode whether it's true or not.

Has anyone encountered similar problem and found a solution? Gamecube component cable is out of the question(for now at least). It was about 145 or so bucks on ebay last time I checked.
This screen has VGA input, and I have PAL console, but I've found some old zenloc's topic about making pal rgb to work in vga mode, but afair this didn't end with a success.
What are my options now?

P.S. I fed my composite signal directly from 7th pin of av chip if that matters.

Back