Game tournements?

Yoshilime M.R.

Master of Limes
Hey, what if Modretro had game tournaments? Like, say, in Super mario bros, Who can get through 1-1 the fastest? The most points? I guess everything would have to be based on the honor system, or have people take a video/picture. I'm not sure we could have prizes, but dont you think it would be cool?

Discuss.

BTW, REVIEW SITE NEEDS TO HAPPEN. :mrgreen:

Yoshilime M.R. said:
Hey, what if Modretro had game tournaments? Like, say, in Super mario bros, Who can get through 1-1 the fastest? The most points? I guess everything would have to be based on the honor system, or have people take a video/picture. I'm not sure we could have prizes, but dont you think it would be cool?

It would be cool. And the way you would do it is by taking a video, probably the best way. But we need to decide some things:
-allow/disallow emulators
-allow/disallow turbo
and things like that

Also, we could play against each other using kaillera. That would be fun.

Yoshilime M.R. said:
BTW, REVIEW SITE NEEDS TO HAPPEN. :mrgreen:
Agreed.

AfroLH said:
I got through the whole SMB game in under 5 Mins.
:awesome:

OmG ME TOOO its called warp zones we chould have High score compo's!!!you need a picture of you screen to prove it. NO EMULATORS!!!!

banditpaw1 said:
AfroLH said:

OmG ME TOOO its called warp zones we chould have High score compo's!!!you need a picture of you screen to prove it. NO EMULATORS!!!!

PUNCTUATION. USE IT OR LOSE IT.

And why no emus? Not the bird BTW.

Yoshilime M.R. said:
banditpaw1 said:
AfroLH said:

PUNCTUATION. USE IT OR LOSE IT.

And why no emus? Not the bird BTW.

Emulator = rom hacking.You could hack a high score it really easy.

Here, let me say this:

1: Do you guys want prizes? who will donate?
2: If we do the Mario thing, do we allow all versions? nes, all stars, Gc deluxe, virtual console, Animal crossing etc.
3:High score? you mean for 1-1? cant we do like a speed run of 1-1?
4: Who will Run it? Me?
5: 10 bucks says bandit paw will make top 5. And by ten bucks i mean bragging rights.

Oh noes. Banditpaw on top 5 :gonk:

This would be a cool idea. Once a week we can have random tasks, like go though the first level in SMB without touching the ground.

I think we should have a Zelda contest because I said so. :awesome:

Or maybe SSMB cuz then we could actually face each other. :p

I'll be something like number 7. Should we create a thread for this right now?

I would prefer no prizes, but just a reputation and a custom title or color for number 1, 2, and 3.

Back