Game boy color questions

Gameboy92

First time poster here. Anyway I found my old game buy colors one of them is the atomic purple that won't turn on and the other is a yellow on that the speaker is no good the headphone jack works but the speaker doesn't does anyone have any suggestions would love to get both working but if I have to put two into one I can

if i were you, i would just switch the yellow`s speaker for the purple`s (or if you have a gba that doesnt work, use that speaker instead). on the other hand, if what you want is to play with the purple case, then just open up both gameboys, and change the circuit boards. however, you need a little of soldiering skills to change the speaker without damaging it

ya that what I was originally gonna do was switch the speakers I got an old GBASP that works but the backlight doesnt work but I dont use it anyways because I have two of those as well any ideas as what is wrong with the purple one it worked about a year ago when I tried but nothing now

I would say, post some pics, then open em up,(take your time, don't break anything) describe how filthy they areinside, and post some more pics. maybe a little tooth brush, small spung with a scruby side, paper towels. clean emout,(again, take your time, don't break anything) re-assemble, then test, post results.

I would say that, but you'll have to get them pesky try wing screws out first.
any ideas? you might find some tips for that around here somewhere.

well I can tell you right now I dont have the three star screwdriver that they have for the gameboy color anything else i could use to get them out??

Gameboy92 said:
well I can tell you right now I dont have the three star screwdriver that they have for the gameboy color anything else i could use to get them out??

use a flat screwdriver. it has to be very small so it can work.

Back