Forum is back up!

PalmerTech

Founder of Modretro
Staff member
Thanks to the wondrous work of Jlee and Beta's lady friend, and a little bit of credit to myself!

I will post more about the details tomorrow, I need to sleep. Just know that MR is having a hosting upgrade in the next few days, which is good for all of us.

I seriously doubt it, but I have to ask: Is the hosting upgrade direct correlation with the donate button?

samjc3 said:
I seriously doubt it, but I have to ask: Is the hosting upgrade direct correlation with the donate button?

No, it is not. Costs will not be increasing much over what we are already paying, the donation button is there either way.

The forums broke after I contacted Hostgator to have them merge two of our hosting packages into one billing account, which I needed to do before the upgrade. Somehow, our config.php file got overwritten with an old one that pointed to the wrong database. I tried to fix it myself, but we needed the SQL database password, and Jlee was the only one who knows it, but he was out at work.

Expect lots of cool things, MR is definitely not in sleeping mode, and I want to deploy everything before summer.

I don't know what happened, or what was wrong.
All I know is people were screaming at me ALL DAY LONG because ModRetro was down, but, yesterday was a HUGE work day for me.
So, by about 1 AM, I had some extra time, got on, fixed the forums in less than 3 minutes.

All related to our upgrade.

From Hostgtor:
I just wanted to give you a quick status update. We're still in the progress of moving your content over. I will keep you updated with information as it becomes available.

Hopefully, everything will be back to normal soon!

Back