DS Mod ideas?

J.D

No Stranger To Love
I've been using my DS for LSDJ lately and decided "Why not trick it out like those fancy DMGs?". Any ideas as to what I should do?

Use that krylon stuff on it that makes plastic see-through. That looked really cool. Change out the buttons for different kinds. Install some louder speakers. Beyond that, what ever's involved with the LSDJ kit. (I still don't know what LSDJ is. :rofl: )

What exactly is the krylon stuff that makes plastic see-through? Can I get it at home depot?

Seems like shoulder button issues are kind of hit and miss. My friend has always had issues with shoulder buttons, while my DS Lite and DS Fat never have shoulder button issues.

zeturi said:
Use that krylon stuff on it that makes plastic see-through. That looked really cool. Change out the buttons for different kinds. Install some louder speakers. Beyond that, what ever's involved with the LSDJ kit. (I still don't know what LSDJ is. :rofl: )

It doesn't make the plastic see-through, he used it on a clear DMG. The paint referred to acts like a stain for the plastic; it doesn't make it translucent or transparent.

Thanks neverused, I know what I'm not buying.

I'm thinking about buying one of those clear cases from DX but it'll probably be moderatly difficult transferring the guts, given that the top half of a DS has no screws...Maybe I'll ask rekarp for a woodie.

I could add RCA Audio jacks to it. I might make a 3-way overclockin switch too.

JD you should buy a clear ds case and spray paint it with that krylon xmetals. it would look sick.

nobble said:
JD you should buy a clear ds case and spray paint it with that krylon xmetals. it would look sick.
That's what I've been thinking.

Perfect! I found a translucent blue DS Lite casing WITH an LED curcuit board on DX for $22.

Back