Downing's SNES-001 Advance Complete

Downing

This was actually finished about 10 days ago and I'm sure it has already been seen by a lot but for the sake of putting this to bed, here is the Completed Project thread for The SNES-001 Advance. This was quite a ride and fun to see it get picked up by some of the big boys!

Anyway, a list of those sites can be found HERE

Without Further Ado, I'd Like To Introduce
IMAG0630.jpg

And it's complete!

IMAG0631.jpg

So after about 3 months or so, the SNES-001 Advance is now ready to go! It's been a lot of fun to make and I'm quite happy with the results! Have a look at the Video below to see it in action and who it got to where it is!

Here are some quick points.

Specs: (Base Unit)

Original SNES-001 Model
Custom Paint Job & Decals
Modded A/V & Power Ports for output to controllers

Specs: (For each controller)

1- Original SNES-005 Controller Mobo
1- 3.5" TFT Color Vehicle Back-up Screen
1- Mini iPod External Speaker Amp
1- PS1 Screen Speaker
1- NES D-Pad & PCB
Original SNES Controller Buttons
1- DPDT Switch for A/V ON/OFF
1- 2.5mm Mono Audio Jack for Power
1- 3.5mm Stereo Audio Jack for A/V
1- Power LED
1- 7805 on Heatsink for Audio Amp
Custom Vacuum Formed Case Shell
Custom A/V & Power Cables from unit to controller

Thanks man! Oh, I just got done looking at your project too! You weren't kidding, that thing is tiny!

Dude, that's some nice work you did there. Congratulations on yet again another stellar project completed!

FierceDeity said:
It may be , but Dang I wish it looked half as good are some of your projects ;).

But you have to understand there is a big difference between building something that's pushing the limits of functionality and size versus taking an already proven concept and building into a nicer looking enclosure. Size wasn't an issue with this build and therefore I had the time and room to make it look just how I wanted. Give yourself some credit because you've pushed this size concept for the N64 to a new level and I think it looks pretty good considering that feat!

Back