dell inspiron 6000(fixable?) EDIT: NVM

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicelite

Frequent Poster
My Moms laptop stopped working. She said she *might* have spilled a cup of water on it when it was closed, but I can't find any signs of water damage?

She wants me to sell it and try and get her a working computer. :confused:

Anyway when I plug it in/put in the battery I can get the power LED to light up for around 4 seconds. You decide what that means.

SPECS(from what I can remember):
-900MHz/1.2GHz processor(?)
-2GB's RAM.
-NO HARD DRIVE! (but the part that holds HDD is there)
-NO OS! (It is installed on the HDD)
-Charger is new
-Battery is original, holds a charge for maybe 1 hour.

So yeahhhhh... anyone wanna see if they have better luck with it? Seems like these are going for around $100-$160 on SUPER EBAY, LCD's are selling for around $100 by themselves.

Re: dell inspiron 6000(fixable?)

This might be way off or not, but my laptop didn't turn on when you pressed the button so, what I did was took the battery out of the computer for like 5 minutes and placed it back in the slot and the laptop turned on. If that didn't work take it out for a couple of hours. I would only do this if the battery is outside of the computer.

If the battery only holds a charge for a hour this could be the problem since, the battery is getting old. My laptop sometimes does what was stated above.

Well I had the battery out for like 3 weeks now, and also tried it plugged into wall power only. (it booted that way when it worked.)

So, pretty much the laptop doesn't power on when you press the button on wall power or battery power?

Or does it boot up?

No it doesn't boot. Just the power light turns on for like 4 seconds then nothing. :(

take out the battery from the computer and the charge cable. Press the power button/hold it for like 45 seconds. Then place the battery back in the computer. Try pressing the power button again and see if it comes on. Try these steps without the charger cord like three times. Then try put the charger cord back in with the battery a couple of time.

If this doesn't work then, my quess would be the way the power is going to and from the battery is some how not working. Maybe the motherboard is damaged?

epicelite said:
-900MHz
No hard drive
Doesn't power up
Spilled coffee on it
Battery holds charge for maybe one hour

$20 shipped?

Where the fu*k did you see the word "coffee"? I would really like to know. :eek:

Oh.

Sorry. I think I was drinking coffee at the moment. My bad.

So.

robm said:
epicelite said:
-900MHz
No hard drive
Doesn't power up
Spilled WATER on it
Battery holds charge for maybe one hour

$20 shipped?

Lol well funny storey, I just went and pushed the buttan and IT TURNED ON! :gonk:

HOLY CRAPZ AWESUM! :cry4:

So like I guess next time something breaks I should just let it sit around for a month and try it again. :wtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back