Current draw

ToastBucket

tost
So I was wondering how much current the 12v line of the n64 drew at 7.4v. What does the 12v line even do?? :dah:.......Anyway. My space saving plan is to use one surprisingly small 3.7v 9AH li ion cell and step down to 3.3v for the screen and n64 logic. Then step up to 7.4v for solely the 12v line. So how inefficient would this be and I'm trying to calculate how much time this will last on.

N64: 1200maH (split voltages makes this difficult to determine)
Screen: 3v: 180maH
7.4: 105maH

You should just use a single 3.7v lipo battery. Step it down for the 3.3v line, and step it up to 5v and bypass the 7805 on the n64 board. I bet it'd work, plus I'm certain that some of the 3.5 inch screens can run off of 5v with no problems. And no more linear regulator. :mrgreen:

Dang. snow's right. It goes into a pin on the farthest right chip and into a few caps. I'll try to bypass and see if it works. If it doesn't I'll just bump it up to 7.4 and cry.

Well, those chips obviously need power then.

Question is, will they work from 5v.

Instead of inputting power past the 7805, try removing it or bypassing it. Then input 5v to the 12v line and see how it goes.

Heck, could even try 3.3v if you wanted.

That would be ultimate efficiency! You'd only need a single lipo cell with NO stepup!

But probably just fantasy anyway.

Only time will tell....

Back