ComiCon 2010 attendees, get in here! Hotel registration!

PalmerTech

Founder of Modretro
Staff member
I have several hotels that I have lined up, all of which are confirmed to not room capacity check during ComiCon. ;) That said, nobody has committed with money yet, and I do not want to buy a hotel room and have nobody show up. On the other end, I do not want to buy too small of a room and have 20 people show up. :p

Because of that, I am going to need to know exactly how many people are coming FOR SURE, and I need some hard cash to prove it. I am booking a normal hotel because rates for "convention" hotels are generally much higher, being so close to the convention center, so yes, expect a 2 or 3 mile walk to the convention center each morning. Good exercise. ;) Not too bad, really, only a 20-30 minute walk.

How much? $150 deposit gets you your spot. If we have at least 5 or 6 people, that will easily cover the room, and if we have more, we will have plenty extra. Any money that is not needed goes right back to you at ComiCon. Example: Room is $500 for 4 nights. 5 people pay me $150 to get their spot. I give them $50 back, since only $100 is needed to cover their share. Sound good?

I am gone on a trip over this weekend, I may or may not be able to get on to check internet. I really want to have the money this Monday, but I can wait until Friday at the absolute latest. If you are unable to come up with the money by then, fire me a PM and we will see if we can work something out. Please post with the day you are arriving, and confirm that you have the money in hand, ready to go. Your names will be added to the list on Monday, and the hotel will be booked next Friday. I will post hotel info right away, so that you can make travel arrangements. I have access to several cars and the people driving them, so picking people up at the airport is likely not a problem.

This is it, where we find out who is actually going to commit. The success of this event is on YOU now. ;)

Post NOW.

I can go 100% sure, not so sure about staying with you guys though, TBA later (1 day). I can get you your money by next friday.

Deffos going to be there. It seems strange to get money like this in advance, since we don't pay until we actually check out.

I know. I do need to put down a one night deposit, though, but that is not the issue. The issue is that people would say that they are 100% for sure going, I would buy a room, and then nobody pays because they end up not coming.

I might go in a couple of years when more of us are 18. I don't think parents would feel too comfortable with me there. I kinda put off the pedo vibe to some folks in real life.

I am a large bearded man with blood shot eyes and a shy personality. I don't talk much, and I tend to stare. I make a lot of people uncomfortable in real life.

zeturi said:
I am a large bearded man with blood shot eyes and a shy personality. I don't talk much, and I tend to stare. I make a lot of people uncomfortable in real life.
:rofl:

I so want to come now. I would love to make all the lil Modretro kids uncomfortable. Unfortunately, there is a good chance I will be in Hawaii for 3 months shooting Pirates 4. Maybe next time.

Tchay, that's awesome. I'm going to be in Hawaii then too.
Shooting pirates.
Four of them.

I really want to come, but it depends on how my early summer looks. If I showed up for the last two nights and brought the cash to pay for my share, would that work? I wouldn't mind taking the floor somewhere. I just don't think I can commit to the hotel registration.

Back