Bridge 12V to 5V Question

nuke

Ok Im thinking about bridging 12V to 5V so that I could get 7.4V batteries instead of 11V or 14.8V.Do I have get a custom regulator to do that?Also if so where can I get one?
Thanks

Yes, you need a custom regulator for that. Look at zenloc's thread.

The only exception possibly being the specific regulator that Shockslayer, Ashen, etc. are currently researching.

nukear said:
Ok Im thinking about bridging 12V to 5V so that I could get 7.4V batteries instead of 11V or 14.8V.Do I have get a custom regulator to do that?Also if so where can I get one?
Thanks

You would need to build your own custom regulator. Check out Zenloc's thread.

Also I hate how people always say about "bridging" the 5v and 12v line. In short you'll simply be inputting the 7.4v from your unregulated battery into the 12v input on the GC motherboard. Even though the 5v line is mainly only used for the DD and rumble, it would be a bad idea to "bridge" those connections and then input ~7.4v.

Ashen said:
nukear said:
Thanks
Also I hate how people always say about "bridging" the 5v and 12v line. In short you'll simply be inputting the 7.4v from your unregulated battery into the 12v input on the GC motherboard. Even though the 5v line is mainly only used for the DD and rumble, it would be a bad idea to "bridge" those connections and then input ~7.4v.

Well, Im probably just gonna get 14.8V batteries without bridging the two or imputing 7.4V or whatever.

Back