Blargaman's GameCube SP

Blargaman91

My first finished portable has finally made its way to completion, and it's been one and a half years since got started into electronics to make this thing. So, I present to you, my GameCube SP:

xaqpua.jpg

Some main features of this portable are:
-An SL-68 case from Polycase (inspired by gman's commission)
-Two 3.7v 2600 mah internal batteries
-SD Gecko on slot B
-A WiiKey Fusion, of course
-An LM4880 amp, analog volume control
-Kindle speakers
-USB 3.0 port for 4-player
And, well, everything else that would typically be on a portable.

I have some problems with cooling at the moment, as this thing gets REALLY hot, and I don't feel much air coming from the fan. Gotta take it all apart and reposition it. But for now I'll celebrate finally finishing what I joined these forums for.

That's one sexy portable! Very clean as well. I like how you managed to make it work with full sized buttons instead of using psp or ds buttons. Also, the squareishness is awsome.

Wow, this portable has just become a favorite of mine. I really like that color you gave it. The whole thing looks sleek and easy to hold in your hand. Where did you find the analog sticks and screen? I can't for the life of me find where those are.

Oh, you can get both the analog sticks and screen from eBay. The analog sticks are 3DS analog sticks (search "3DS joysticks") and the screen is a generic 3.5 inch car backup monitor with composite video input. The screen I used is from DealeXtreme because they had a certain kind I wanted to get, but shipping took months. Ones on eBay work just as well.

This thread needs a video and some more pics. I'm diggin the orange. You just dont see enough orange portables these days. Any chance you could take a pic of the guts when you fix those problems? I'm curious to see where you are putting the batteries and the gamecube.

I dig it. It probably wouldn't work so well with the orange case, but did you consider making the sticks grey and yellow like on the actual GCN controller?

Wow, I haven't checked this thread for too long. I'll have pics up soon, but I don't think I can get a video up...

Back