Awesome Computer

:eek: I saw similar technology 2 years ago but it was touch screen interaction. This is flat out amazing. Although I wouldn't expect this to become mainstream for a while. But I'm young, so I have a while ;)

And the gloves are cool IMO. Go watch Minority Report.

It's really cool, but I see few practical uses for it. A mouse or touchscreen isn't as restricting as some think. That said, it would be useful for some things, like 3D modelling.

I'm getting tired just watching them demo it. For gaming, awesome. Anything else, too tired.

It's cool, but for a lot of people the keyboard will never be replaced in terms of efficiency. I type far faster on my Model M than I can speak words or type on any sort of touch-screen or wiggly-finger interface.

Bibin said:
I type far faster on my Model M than I can speak words...
Unless you have a speech deficiency, I'm calling BS on that. Even as hyperbole, it sounds like :dahroll:.

Jewjo said:
Bibin said:
Unless you have a speech deficiency, I'm calling BS on that. Even as hyperbole, it sounds like :dahroll:.

Actually, some people can type incredibly fast. Also, it would be kind of a waste of money to use this thing to type.

very cool, and all that jazz, but i fail to see any truly useful ways to use it, save for art and showing off. :)

Jewjo said:
Bibin said:

No. 180-200 WPM. I am comparing this to proper speech, not this quick cut-down poorly pronounced stuff you hear nowadays.

Back