Anyone use Evernote, OneNote, etc?

vskid3

I get ideas and find useful websites all the time, but I don't really have a way to keep track of them. My current system is Windows Sticky Notes that I jot ideas on or things I need to do. I have Evernote and OneNote installed. At first glance, neither seems to jump out at me as something I would use. Does anyone use either of them or another program/real world solution? Do I just need to take a few hours and play with them?

I keep a spiral notebook on hand at home, and a small moleskin in my hoodie. Why go digital if you don't have to?

For websites, why not just stick to bookmarks? Firefox, Chrome, and Opera all have systems to store and share bookmarks across your PCs and mobile devices.

I use to do this when I was writing my dissertation during my undergrad degree. Can't for the life of me remember how I did it though. Only reason I did it over a word doccument/ spiraly book is that it knocked out references for me.

I have sticky notes on my desktop. As in, post-its that are attached to my desk. I've been meaning to go digital, but Windows 7 doesn't even come with the gadget, and the one I found on the Internet was extremely limited, lacking the ability to save to file.

XCVG said:
I've been meaning to go digital, but Windows 7 doesn't even come with the gadget
What do you mean? Check the Start Menu under Accessories (or search Sticky Notes). They don't give you the option to save, but it'll save them so you close the program and restart it/your computer.

I'm trying OneNote for now. Seems like it has a lot of handy features. One thing I dislike is that there isn't an official "Send to OneNote" option in the right-click menu when using anything but IE. I got around that by installing the IE Tab Multi extension in Chrome, which allows me to convert a tab to IE and have the "Send to OneNote" option.

Windows 7 comes with a Sticky Notes application, but it's not a desktop gadget. It goes on the taskbar and sucks up the already too-small space there. And by save, I meant to a standard format that can be imported into other things, copied, et cetera.

Back