Any good PSP titles?

zeturi

DEMON PIE!
I got myself a psp, and a 16 GB pro duo on the cheap. Any suggestions on good games out there?

Megaman Maverick Hunter x
Sid Meiers Pirates

Woah, thats all I can think of. Mainly use my PSP to play FFVII and IX.

In no particular order, a list of games I've either personally played or heard good things about:

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable (Only if you can't/haven't played the PS2 one)
Phantasy Star Portable
Phantasy Star Portable 2
Valkyria Chronicles II
Tales of Eternia remake (Only Released in EU/Japan, but PSP games are region free)
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Breath of Fire III (Only Released in EU/Japan, but PSP games are region free)
Final Fantasy I/II Remakes
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy Tactics: War Of The Lions
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Jeanne d'Arc
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days
Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?
Ys Series
Tekken 5: DR
Tekken 6
Dragonball Z: Shin Budokai
Dragonball Z Shin Budokai: Another Road
Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny
Killzone: Liberation
Resistance: Retribution
Assassins Creed Bloodlines
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Monster Hunter series
God Of War: Chains of Olympus
God Of War: Ghost of Sparta
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
LittleBigPlanet
Daxter
RockBand Unplugged
WipeOut Pulse
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble

In addition, you can also play a large amount of PS1 games, and if you get some emulators for it, you can further expand your potential library.

Edit: +1 on Maverick Hunter X as well, dunno why I left it out, its currently on my PSP. Also, Megaman: Powered Up isn't as good, but also worth checking out.

Thanks guys, I'll check out some of these for sure.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume we're all using custom firmware, since everyone with a PSP usually is. Which custom firmware is best? When I used to have a PSP, I had 5.00 m33-6 on my system, so that's what I've installed on my current one. I've also heard there's a plugin that'll allow me to play games that require as high as 6.20 firmware. Should I be fine with this firmware?

Thanks, bro. Those both look interesting.

Once I fix my memory card reader, I'll be golden. The Dang thing broke on me a week after I bought it.

zeturi said:
Thanks guys, I'll check out some of these for sure.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume we're all using custom firmware, since everyone with a PSP usually is. Which custom firmware is best? When I used to have a PSP, I had 5.00 m33-6 on my system, so that's what I've installed on my current one. I've also heard there's a plugin that'll allow me to play games that require as high as 6.20 firmware. Should I be fine with this firmware?

Yea, I'm still rolling 5.00 m33-6 with Prometheus (the add-on you speak of). It works with most everything, and I find 5.50 GEN to be not as stable or really worth it for me personally right now. They're is also an ISO loader for (I believe) the latest firmware out now, but its not a fully fledged CFW, just a text based ISO loader meant for 3000 and PSPGo owners.

zeturi said:
Thanks, bro. Those both look interesting.

Once I fix my memory card reader, I'll be golden. The Dang thing broke on me a week after I bought it.

They're the same game. :p

I'm running vanilla 5.00 m33-6. Works pretty well, wasn't aware that there were firmware addons :p

Well, you could stay on the normal 5.00 m33-6 without installing Prometheus and still play games for newer firmwares too, but you'd have to manually patch the eboot in all your ISOs for them to play. Prometheus just does the same thing, but patches it on the PSP via RAM on the fly so they just start the same as your older games.

Back