A few Pocket questions...

tomcraig

Hey guys, I've got a few newbie questions about the Game boy Pocket. I just put a Nonfinite V3 backlight in my Pocket and I'm wondering what the expected battery life is. I've heard 10 hours but I'm not sure if that's correct. Mine's been going for about 8 hours but after 2-3 the backlight started to get dim and flicker, now it's kinda hard to see in the dark, is this to be expected? Also, when I put it together I noticed part of the ribbon going to the LCD was pressing against the back of the LCD, so when I closed up the Gameboy I had to loosen the screws a bit; anyone else experience this? And lastly, if I were to put rechargeable batteries in, could I solder a plug directly to battery contacts to avoid taking them out to charge or would this be bad for the Game Boy? I'm good with soldering, but I know little about voltage and what not. Sorry if this is a lot for one post and thanks in advance!

The 3V line isn't regulated, so it'll flicker like that. A solution is to use a resistor and solder to the slightly more stable 5V line called VDD.

Bibin said:
The 3V line isn't regulated, so it'll flicker like that. A solution is to use a resistor and solder to the slightly more stable 5V line called VDD.

Where is the VDD line located?
And just use the resistor the backlight comes with, yeah?

Back