8" Netbook?

J.D

No Stranger To Love
Instead of getting an iPod Touch, I've thought about getting a little portable Netbook. I'd put some Netbook distro of Linux on it. Any suggestions for a netbook?

There's one called an asus n10, it's a weird one, it's 10 inches and has the n270, but it has a 9300 graphics card, and because of the graphics card it has a fan so it's overclockable to 2ghz. It's a pretty cool netbook, it's more like a laptop suffering from an intel atom. Plus someone has modded one of the acer aspire one touch screens to fit into it.

Unfortunately it can cost around $700 in some places.

Yeah sorry, guess I really didn't answer your question, another really cool netbook that is 8.9" is the asus eee t91. The reason it's cool is because it's a tablet, I fall really easy for tablets, like a palmer to a 3d tv. However there are draw backs.

Battery is built in.
32gb ssd (non upgradeable at least without hacking)
and the $480 price tag

Full specs here.

It's a nice netbook. Just remember the mouse clicker buttons are on the left and right sides of the touchpad, not in front. It also can use standard sata hard drives at it's size, which is very useful.

Can it use 2.5" SATA SDDs? Not like I can afford one, but just in case I ever got one....

Oh and if I get this I'll put a clean install of OpenSUSE, since I really don't like Windows XP (however I never used the SP3 version)

Get an eee pc, they have a larger community behind them for any linux support you may need, and they're ever so nice. (I'm running an xp 7 dual boot on my 900ha, has internal hdd but there are also ssd models)

I've been using mine for 2 years, no problems. This thing is rock solid, heart touching.
ASUS_Rock_solid_-_Heart_touching-logo-E39E94350E-seeklogo.com.gif

Back