45 records. What now?

geno whirl

The other day a man at a garage sale sold me about 200 45 rpm records for $3. I've been cleaning them off and playing them since then, but I have a problem: how am i gonna store these? None of them have sleeves and if possible I would like to keep them out so I can play them as opposed to them sitting in a box in the basement. Any ideas?

one-more-time-45rpm-jukebox-vinyl-coin-operated-record-player-machine-wurlitzer-jukeboxes.jpg

oh man I wish. The only problem is that some of the records are kinda warped so the jukebox probably wouldn't take them, and you know, I don't have a million dollars to buy a jukebox. Do 45s just naturally sound scratchier than LPs because all of the LPs we have sound really good, but the 45s sound pretty staticy

buy some sleeves for them. There is a very good ebay seller that sells sleeves and includes a free 45 with the purchase. Then buy an old 45 tote to store them. looks like a square suitcase. or make one out of paper mache like I did. I'll get picks of it up later.

If you want to flatten the warped ones, put them on a smooth flat surface, put a piece of paper on top, then add a few heavy books or one book and a couple bricks. Nice and flat! (Make sure the play surface is clean before you do this, or you might squeeze bigger contaminants into the vinyl.)

Find any weird stuff yet?

edit:
Basement_Modder said:
Get a turntable and become a hip hop DJ.

Get two and a microphone and become Beck.

I don't expect you to come up with a full list, but can you tell us some of what you got?

If you have any Beatles stuff, I can give you information on them, probably. :awesomeTW:

themadhacker said:
buy some sleeves for them. There is a very good ebay seller that sells sleeves and includes a free 45 with the purchase. Then buy an old 45 tote to store them. looks like a square suitcase. or make one out of paper mache like I did. I'll get picks of it up later.
pics... tomorrow :awesomepalmer:

epicelite said:
HOME MADE JUKEBOX! :0

DO ITTTT!
I'll look into that

Twilight Wolf said:
I don't expect you to come up with a full list, but can you tell us some of what you got?

If you have any Beatles stuff, I can give you information on them, probably. :awesomeTW:
I wish I had Beatles stuff. I didn't find any though. I really like Billy Joel, Elton John, and ELO so I was happy to see a few of those in there. Found some cool records like a story book wizard of oz record (sans the book though) and a paper thin record advertising a classical music collection that came out of a time life magazine or something. There was also one Elvis and one Michael Jackson record.

Back