3.5 inch LCD, Ships from the U.S.!

Re: Widescreen 3.5 inch LCD?

I almost bought that one the other night. Now that I think about it, I probably should have . :gonk:

Re: Widescreen 3.5 inch LCD?

I contacted the seller, and he confirmed that there are borders on the sides of the screen, and that it is definitely 4::3:. Now. I. Want.

I found a screen like that on amazon, shipped from the U.S. I got it really fast but it's backlight didn't work. You can try it, but every screen with buttons on the back that I have gotten has backlighting problems.

No switches on the back. This is most likely imported from somewhere in China. It could be this lcd, with the screen turned off for the pic:
!CDv5SuwCWk~$(KGrHqN,!jkE0C2Pdz7dBNPpu5UIH!~~0_3.JPG

I hope so. Someone should order one next time they need one a check it out because I hate waiting a moth for a LCD.

I know, if not for the zenith I have on hand, I'd try it out in a heartbeat. It'd cut down shipping time considerably, since this is usually the part we wait for the longest while building.

You're right, this screen does have buttons on it, my mistake. Hm... well, my money has already been spent, so I will cross my fingers that this has no problems.

I have received my screen. The seller shipped the day after I bought it, and it arrived within two days of shipping. I would suggest buying stuff from him.

Also, as for the screen itself. Though the pics show it having a brightness/contrast button, the LCD I received did not. It does not have an anti glare layer, and the quality is on par with other Chinese 3.5 inch LCDs. I tested it with a PS3 thus far; the text of the PS3's menus is perfectly readable, but the text of some in-game stuff is not as clear. Later on, once I get my batteries charged, I'll take some pics of the quality. Oh, and I can confirm that it works off of 8.4v.

I don't have a 7.4v power supply, at the moment. I used the 8.4v lipo charger I have on hand. I won't be able to test on any lower voltages until I have my portable completely wired. I would safely say that it can be powered off of 7.4v just fine, since all of the other screens are able to run on 5v or even less.

Also, gameplay pic:

3d2b315f.jpg

It looks more pixelated in this pic that it does in real life. It doesn't roll with the n64, so I'm happy.

Back