Each rules has guidelines underneath to help you in understanding them.ShockSlayer's Guide to "the Junkyard" Success!The new warning/ban announcementREGARDING SPAMBOTS
0. Necessary formalities:
- When registering, think carefully about your username. This is what people are going to call you here (as well as on the rest of the internet if you end up making something cool). Do you really want to be known as "Buttface"? Even ten years from now?
- Use proper spelling, punctuation, grammar and capitalization.
- If you came here to seek help with your projects, but you can't use any of the above, expect nothing.
- Seriously, nobody wants to help you if you can't spell. Heck, if you can't spell, get spellcheck. Browser doesn't have spellcheck? Get one that does.
- You don't actually talk like that, do you? Another good rule to go by is "type like you talk."
- Read the stickies before asking a question.
- Google the question before asking it here.
- Host images where everyone can see.
--- Places like Photobucket or imgur
--- Places where you have to login like facebook
or your own personal site with a password are BAD
- Avoid quoting the original post of a thread in it's entirety, don't quote the post above you unless it's absolutely necessary.
1. Do not spam.
- This means that topics like "HURR DURR MY WORDS I SLURR" or blogging topics like "I found a turtle" are spam and do not belong in the forums.
- Excessive swearing would be considered spam.
- Writing entire posts or most of a post in "13375p34k" or "LOLcat" would be considered spam, on topic or not.
- Short, irrelevant posts like "LOL" or "WTF" would be considered spam
- Posting giant images that add nothing to the topic would be considered spam.
- Posting "IGNORE" before every sentence.
- Posting just for the sake of advertisement would be spam.
- Posting the birthday tag outside of a birthday thread, or when there is already one on that page.
- Double Posting when there is no valid reason to.
2. Do not post negative topics/sigs/avatars/profile details about other users.
- Topics such as "Man, Beta is a troll" are not acceptable, or signatures with banners like "IHBL(I hate Beta league)."
- This also applies to the chatroom, meaning complaining about, swearing at, or making threats at another member will result in a temporary chat-ban, multiple offenses will result in longer chat-ban and potentially forum warnings.
3. Do not be inappropriate.
- "Pictures of me naked" or "A picture of a dead squirrel" would not be appropriate topics.
- The general rule of thumb is: "If you think it might not be appropriate, ask an admin/moderator first!"
4. Do not post anything illegal.
- For Example: "How to make car bombs" is not an acceptable topic.
- Remember what might be legal in your country might not be legal in other people's countries, so keep that in mind before posting.
- Again, the general rule of thumb is: "If you think it might be illegal, ask an admin/moderator first!"
5. Do not circumvent the word censor.
- Typing things such as @$$ and the like is not acceptable.
- If people want to read your swearing they can turn the censor off.
- Using ASCII or other methods to circumvent the censor or berate another user is also against this rule.
6. Post topics in the appropriate section.
- For example, questions on how to build an N64p do not belong in Forum 47.
- The staff will move your topic to the appropriate section if they have to, or they may just lock it depending on their discretion.
- You can delete your topic if no one replies to it, so if you catch that it's in the wrong place after you make it, don't wait around for a mod.
7. Keep signatures and avatars small.
- If it stretches the table by a few pixels, so be it. If someone is complaining about something so small let it be their problem. But if it stretches the page, then you need to fix that..
- Other users or the staff will let you know if there is a problem.
- Stacking up your signature with multiple quotes is not acceptable, as they add size fast.
8. Do not create multiple accounts.
- This will automatically result in both accounts being banned.
- It is not acceptable in any form for any reason.
9. Do not "bump" old topics.
- Posting in old topics without making a significant informational contribution is not allowed.
Finding some 6-month old thread and bumping it just to say "lol that's cool" or something similar will not be tolerated.
- You may, however, bump a topic if you have something of real value to add to the thread. For example, in a thread about how to build a low-battery indicator, go ahead and bump it if you have figured out a way to improve it, like make it draw less current or use less parts.
- What constitutes an old thread? Well, as a general rule of thumb, if it's past the first page, it's probably considered "dead".
10. I cannot stress this enough: If you have a problem, PM the staff.
- We are here to help you.
- We want to help you.
General punishment is typically a warning, and a second offense is a ban. Depending on the severity of the case we may just skip the warning. Ban length is decided after reviewing the offense. Enforcement of these rules are at the discretion of the staff. If we want to ban you, we'll ban you. We have the right to change these rules at any time, for any reason, as well.