List of parts (Edited May 19, 2011):
Gamecube Revision C
One Gamecube Controller
Three 3.7V 4700mAh batteries
WM10055-ND - 6" 12 pin 1.0mm ffc cable
WM10218-ND - 6" 10 pin .5mm ffc cable
WM7679CT-ND - 12 pin ffc Zif connector
OR740CT-ND - 20 pin ffc Zif connector
Size M jack
Size M mount
-Three 3.7v 5000mAh batteries for 11.1V, which should be about 2 hours 30 minutes of play time
-5" PSone screen
-Internal memory cards (relocating slots is hard)
-Controller will be fully intact and exactly the same as a regular controller
-One player only (I am too new to modding to have anything more)
-DD intactCurrent Design as of May 19, 2011:
UPDATED MONDAY FEBRUARY 14, 2011
This is my first GCp, so I thought I'd make a log for it. I've taken it apart, but I don't have a proper case. I was going to use a Dynex DVD player, but it was too thin. I was then going to use the ZN-45, but that means I would have to LED mod the screen.
UPDATED MONDAY MARCH 14, 2011
Good news! I found a case. I currently have a Lazerdoodle on the way! I should be able to start building some time next week.
UPDATED THURSDAY MARCH 17, 2011
Hailrazer mailed me the case, and it should arrive in a week or two.
UPDATED SATURDAY MARCH 26, 2011
The Lazerdoodle has finally arrived!
I should begin construction tomorrow or Monday.
UPDATED SATURDAY APRIL 9, 2011
Good News! I wired the regulator to the motherboard. It works perfectly, which is a relief from all of the frustration and re-soldering I had to do. All in all, it took about 2 hours (1 and 1/2 hours of that was procrastination), which is actually pretty good.
UPDATED SUNDAY MAY 1, 2011
Due to memory card problems, and other soldering issues, I have decided to start again. This time, I promise I will do it right.
UPDATED MONDAY MAY 16, 2011
I wired up the controller to the motherboard today. Took a little while, but it's working fine now. All I need now is a 7808 regulator for my screen and I can complete the soldering phase of my portable.
UPDATED THURSDAY MAY 19, 2011
I was looking at other Portable Logs today and noticed something I don't have that every other log does. A LIST OF HIGHLIGHTS AND A DESIGN!
The reason I didn't do this at the beginning of my portable is because I wasn't entirely sure what I was going to do. I had a basic idea, but I still wasn't sure about the case or my finished design. I apologize and will upload a list of parts and a design sometime today.
UPDATED TUESDAY JUNE 7, 2011
I finally got around to working on the portable last weekend. I've been extremely busy with ISPs and upcoming exams. Anyway, here's a small update, but don't expect another until late June when school ends. I've wired up the screen and lengthened the wires on the DD.
UPDATED THURSDAY JULY 7, 2011
Okay, I should have uploaded this 2 weeks ago, but I ran into several problems, which ultimately caused me to buy a new PCB and a new battery.
<sarcasm>Try adding a HAZ-MAT package onto that for extra fun</sarcasm>. Anyway, $120 dollars later, here I am with a fully functional Gamecube portable. Tie to pack up the soldering gun and break out the bondo!