I rewired it with some floppy cables, my soldering looked great. Tested it with Wheel of Fortune, worked as normal. Sonic and NBA Showdown, no dice. At this point I got pissed and wanted to rip my connections out an start all over again. However, seeing as I've relocated it three times with no success, I looked at some mobo pics someone else had up.
Sorry Robm, stole your pic cause I don't have one.
Those two traces weren't connected to anything after I trimmed the board, so I took a couple of wires and reconnected them. Now everything works!
However, my 3.5 inch DX screen has failed me yet again. It gives me the same rolling image I get with the n64. So for now, I'll stick to prepping my controller and flattening mah caps. Should have the case in by Tuesday, so hopefully I have my case started next week.
I've also been thinking about trying out Hailrazer's button layout, but I'm kind of hesitant about it. It'll be the only way to fit in a six-button controller though, unless I opt out for using tacts instead..