Been working out a commission for a few weeks with a member of the GC Forever forums. It's pretty much nailed down now so I figured I'd post a worklog for him to check my progress and keep him updated.
Unit will be based on the Revolution, which originally the case was supposed to be for the Fusion Rev 2 anyway. So this will look pretty familiar to all of the regulars here. I'm going to rework the inner layout of the unit a bit to buy myself a bit more working room, and not have so much wasted space up by the L/R triggers.
I've got quite a bit of casework done so far, should be ready for painting by the end of this week. Will give it lots of drying time hopefully as I've got to order a bunch of the electronics stuff and wait for that to come in.
Pics so far:
Case Front, pretty much done. Everything is frankencased in with a few coats of primer over top and sanded to make sure things look nice and smooth:
Back of case, about 50% done so far:
Motherboard is trimmed and ready to be wired, Wiikey FFC is wired and ready to go:
Heatsink is trimmed, ready to mount fan:
Overall I'd say that right at the moment the unit is about 40% complete. We all know by now the hardest part for me is getting the case right, so once thats done this shouldnt take very much time at all to get to 100%. Hopefully it can be done in around a month or so. May be wishful thinking.