I tore everything off the board. No pictures of the process, but I'd like to share a few things with you guys. You know those posts beside the memory chips? I've figured out a relatively easy way to remove them. Cut them in half, right through the hole (I used diagonal cutters, a hacksaw or Dremel would also work) and bend the two halves until they come off. As usual, I just tore the power switch and reset buttons to pieces and cut the controller ports off. The power and AV ports were removed with a hacksaw and a lot of tearing.
This is the result. It didn't work.
So after about an hour of fiddling with every possible thing, including blowing off the board with canned air and removing the cartridge slot, I finally figured out that the video cable I was using for testing was the culprit. I desoldered it, tore its head off and slam-dunked it into the garbage can.
It works now. I think I'll trim it next, then relocate the cart slot. Since the cart slot gets bolted to the top, it's pretty much permamounted once that's done.
In case you were wondering about the different types of jumper pak. The one on the left is more trimmable, but there is one trace you have to be careful about. The one on the right doesn't go as small- at least, I don't think it can. The top capacitors may be redundant, in which case it's basically about the same.