Xbox360 portable " new pictures" New gameplay video

Re: Just finished Xbox360 portable

I would hardly say that posting "I did it because I can" takes as much time as potentially opening this back up to post a pic of the inside.

Give him a bit, geez. I know you're skeptical, but calm down.

ttsgeb said:
I would hardly say that posting "I did it because I can" takes as much time as potentially opening this back up to post a pic of the inside.

Give him a bit, geez. I know you're skeptical, but calm down.

In what way shape or form have I showed I was skeptical, and how am I so upset I need to calm down ?

Please be a little more observant when accusing me of something.

And most people take pics while building.

Any skepticism is totally justified, here's some reasons anyone can borrow but they'd be mine if I cared:

- The is the first handheld(not portable) of the 360 ever documented, and all we have zero pictures and a low quality 2:40 second video that doesn't even show gameplay. That's terrible presentation, plain and simple. Then again, we don't really have any presentation guides or documented standards, but it's an understood thing.
- Even though I've made 30+ portables I still feel the urge every time to make 12 minute videos covering everything, so who wouldn't on their first? And I'm not the only one either.
- The branding seems off to me, both the youtube name and the username here indicate(at least to me from the various other people who've tried that slimy flax) trying to make a business name, not a personal one. That never ends well.
- Because of how unclear the video is, no idea what's going on with the "power cable," therefore it's plausible it also had A/V on it.

On the other, more likely hand:

- How do you explain the power LED's and the Controller LED's flashing in those exact sequences? That'd require some serious effort.
- That's a Heck of a lot of effort for a fake, really.
- It's easily(benheck-level easily) within the realm of possibility, I'm guessing you guys don't grasp the size of this thing. No offense.

Anyways yeah, don't take all of that too seriously because who gives a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*. Plus, it's better for only one person to present both sides fully than to have two people try to duke it out on each other, because that way nobody has any reason to be mad at anyone else.

I forgot to post my initial thoughts in my earlier post, so here they are:
I've always hated the 360, and I've hated CoD even more, but the mere fact that you've actually put in the effort to make an actual handheld version of that beast is pretty ballsy. That's what all of the top portablizers are looking for nowadays.
Nice work.

SS

First of all- HANDHELDWAT

Second of all- I don't really understand why someone would make a fake this elaborate. I don't really think that someone would go to all the trouble of creating a custom case(that looks amazing, by the way), sticking a 7" screen in it along with a controller, LED's, and wiring for A/V in there just for the sake of faking a few hundred people over the Internet.

But if this DOES turn out to be an elaborate fake, all I have to say is... Why?

I find it neat you took the initiative to make this, but to be frank, I don't very much like it. I understand you're working with something large and bulky, but I don't like the overall form factor. I personally don't think it's a fake, mostly because it's not pretty enough to be.

I'm not saying it's ugly, that's nice casework, it's just bulky, and if someone was going to go through the effort of making a fake, they'd make it look different, at least in my opinion.

Long story short, not a fan of the mod, but good job for finishing it and being original, it's more than I can say about myself.

here are some pictures to tide you over. These are from the first build, the heatsink and fans have been changed. I'll have more pictures and video of game play in a couple of days...

Go here, and click on the picture:

http://photos.customvideogaming.com

What's it like playing games on a small screen? I used a 12" CRT to play an Xbox once, and some of the text was virtually unreadable, is it.. comfortable?

He used VGA with 7" Screen. These screens are 800x480 at VGA (Typically). It is very readable.

Kickback said:
What's it like playing games on a small screen? I used a 12" CRT to play an Xbox once, and some of the text was virtually unreadable, is it.. comfortable?
I think that's mainly a CRT issue, regardless of resolution (within today's reason).

ProgMetalMan said:
Kickback said:
I think that's mainly a CRT issue, regardless of resolution (within today's reason).
Nah, xbox360 games tend to have flax for text if you're playing Standard Definition whether it's on a 12" CRT or a 50" LCD. Most developers these days don't give a crap what games look like if you're not playing in HD so they don't bother with a font that doesn't look like flax in SD.

Back