WTF Game Genie

XCVG

ModRetro Legend
I bought a game genie for NES. Well, it doesn't work.

Here's the kicker- it seems to have no edge fingers on the end, just solid copper. I tried to take a picture but I couldn't get one that was any good. Just take my word for it, okay? I can't see how it can possible work. Is this a scam? Am I stupid?

Help!

XCVG said:
I bought a game genie for NES. Well, it doesn't work.

Here's the kicker- it seems to have no edge fingers on the end, just solid copper. I tried to take a picture but I couldn't get one that was any good. Just take my word for it, okay? I can't see how it can possible work. Is this a scam? Am I stupid?

Help!
Were the Heck did yo buy it?I probably a scam. And shoudnet that F*** up you Nes?

XCVG said:
I bought it at a pretty reputable place. And amazingly my NES survived.
Can you try to get a pic of it i gotta see this. Also is it a store on the internet if so can i get a link?

I thought my NES was screwed up.

The audio was glitchy. It would fade from loud to soft. In SMB3 the coin sounds were really shrill. But then when I tried the same games again to show my dad it was fine.

Also, the video seemed a bit off, but that disappeared too.

I'm really confuserized.

XCVG said:

The audio was glitchy. It would fade from loud to soft. In SMB3 the coin sounds were really shrill. But then when I tried the same games again to show my dad it was fine.

I'm really confuserized.

It could be that he pins where never seperated.That being the case it could be worth alot. or it could be a fake rip off. take pics. also open it up and and campare is insides to a pic on the internet. I need to see this i want pics!

banditpaw1 said:
XCVG said:

I'm really confuserized.

It could be that he pins where never seperated.That being the case it could be worth alot. or it could be a fake rip off. take pics. also open it up and and campare is insides to a pic on the internet. I need to see this i want pics!

The NES cartridge never streams audio straight to the NES, so the pins could have nothing to do with the sound.

Back