Would this controller wiring work?

Sorry for the terrible diagram. All I need is a yes or no answer. Would connecting the wires to those locations work? I know it would get in the was of pushing the button, but I have done this on an xbox 360 controller and pulled it off neatly where the solder was pretty low and didn't get in the way.
hauptplatineganz.jpg

Unless you plan on rasping that part of the board to get to the metal, no. That's graphite, solder will not stick to it. Get a 3rd part controller, though, and you will be able to solder there. 3rd party controllers have metal and not graphite.

@RageCreation, yes that should work, as long as the solder sticks but doesn't get in the way of button pressing.

Blargaman91 said:
Unless you plan on rasping that part of the board to get to the metal, no. That's graphite, solder will not stick to it. Get a 3rd part controller, though, and you will be able to solder there. 3rd party controllers have metal and not graphite.
Are you referring to the black stuff? I am pretty sure that it can be scratched off revealing metal which I can stick solder onto. Correct me if I am wrong. I can use all the help I can get.

Back