would it be feasible to use this screen?

This screen will work just fine. It actually can be used as an external display for something else as well as the screen for your portable if you so choose (internal switching mechanism for between the two inputs). Im using this type of screen in my own portable...
You will need to build your own audio amp though..

Oooh ooh ooh! I just thought of something! I could put maybe a NOAC in there or a.. umm... umm... oh well I'll brainstorm later. ( I just got back from playing guitar for an hour )

audio amp guides are in the voltage mega sticky or random electronic guides. Well the mono audio amp is. if you want stereo Mario has a guide somewhere but for some dumbass reason (last time i checked) its not megastickied yet.

The Ebay Ad said:
Audio/video input jack for use with a camcorder or VCR

I can't see an input jack in the pic, but as long as it has a video input jack, then it'll work. Just be aware that some of the Chinese 3.5 inch LCDs are only about $22 shipped for the cheapest ones, and consume much less power than pocket tvs.

This is because nearly all pocket TVs use CCFLs for their backlights, like the Psone screen. The 3.5 inch LCDs all have led backlights, which is why they're so low on power consumption.

In other words, probably, if you don't have bad eyesight. Also, don't expect it to work for >1 players. Not even 1.001 players.

Back