Will this board still work?

Spiicyice

Hey guys :)
When I was cutting this mobo, my dremel slipped one too many times... Anyways, do you guys still think it will work? Should I just rewire the traces?
Thanks in advance! :D

Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13wu ... WYBsk/edit

The first one is on the right side of the mobo.
The second one is one the left side of the mobo, next to the CPU.
The third one is on the back side of the mobo, on the bottom.
The fourth one is on the back of the mobo, on the bottom right.

Also the mobo should work if there are a few dings on it right? Like if you can see a little bit of orange.
Thanks in advance! :D

ToastBucket said:
the ones on the PIF and the front of the board look like they have severed traces.
So do you think it will still work if I rewired everything? It doesn't look too promising....

Have a go at flux and soldering the ones on the pif (VERY CAREFULLY AND PRESICELY) and any other traces you may have cut (scrape some trace with a pin to expose metal before flux and soldering or you can follow the trace back to a component on both ends of the severed trace and join.
You don't want to bridge anything, just make sure you look at all your joins like 5 times each before turning it on because if you bridge anything theres a 80% chance it'll fry.

Hope my rambling is helpful... :p

Looking at the pics again, I think the PIF legs are the only things you may have damaged, you have nothing to lose so go ahead and solder carefullu.

None of them look completely severed except those below the expansion slot on the back. Wire it up and see if it works.

bud said:
None of them look completely severed except those below the expansion slot on the back. Wire it up and see if it works.
Thanks for the replies everyone! :) so bud are the ones by the PIF legs okay?

They should be. That one trace is for the reset. The important PIF traces run under the chip. You should be fine.

superben51 said:
Wait.....you would trash it without even testing it?
Well not exactly.... :p I thought it was done for sure, even my friend said it was. But I guess him and I don't know flax..

Back