Will a Netbook Work as a Screen?

I plain on making a N64 laptop and I have a pretty nice case for it. I took apart this useless HP netbook to get to the screen and it has 16 to 18 little wires on it. I don't know if It will work or not so I came here. I'm new at this and I love the N64.

Sorry, but no. A screen from a laptop or netbook has a digital input. Your n64 is going to be outputting Composite, S-video, or RGB. Imagine if you took a hamburger (which is the video signal your n64 is outputting), put it in a blender, and blended it. Then you tried to take each individual ingredient (signal that goes in the screen's little wires) out after it had been blended into mush, and put each ingredient through each of those little wires, and that hamburger didn't even have those exact ingredients in it in the first place. That's not going to work well.

As far as which screen you SHOULD use, I'd suggest browsing around the site to see what other people have used, or waiting for someone more knowledgeable then me to reply.

So to answer your original question, no. Your netbook screen will not work.

Well, you CAN do it. It'll just be near impossible for someone with little experience, and a little bit less impossible but still incredibly challenging for someone with a bit more.

But my GBC analogy is related to modding :p

(PS: I shipped your FC-16 package 2 days ago.)

Back