WiiWare doesn't work; VC causes random black screen?

Gems

Hi, there.

Ever since I removed the case and disk drive for my portable Wii, Virtual Console games randomly result in a black screen. All homebrew games and emulators work perfectly, so I know it's not a power or overheating issue.

Here's a video to illustrate the problem.

WiiWare doesn't even start. I've tried both Pokemon Rumble and Castlevania: Reborn, and it always results in the "Error has occurred" screen:

7mqYGtD.jpg

I don't know what to do. A problem similar to this was posted before, but their solution was that their ribbon cable for the disk drive wasn't in all the way. This isn't the case in my situation, as I have tried that many times with the same problem.

I had the heatsink off temporarily during recording, but even with the heatsink on the same thing happened. It is not a problem with my screen, either. The same thing happens on my TV and projector.

I have a Wasp Fusion coming in the mail, and I'm going to be autobooting to Swiss once it arrives so I can make the main focus of the device be Gamecube, but occasionally I'll play VC or WiiWare and I want to know what I'm doing wrong that's causing it to fail.

Any help would be appreciated tremendously. <3 <3

Ooooh! I've had this before! I'm 90% sure it has something to do with either your ribbon cable or your disc drive board. 1: Try unplugging and replugging both carefully.
2: swap to a new ribbon cable
3: swap to a new disc drive board

So, if I install the Wasp Fusion, it should fix my problem, since it's a disk drive replacement?

Back