Where should i start?

so stumbled here from youtube, and this looks like a nice content rich forum and it really interests me! im a huge tech geek with quite a bit of money so i bet with practice i could build some of this stuff, the thing is even though im an expert with electronics, im not very good at modifying the insides, where should i start?

Depends on how comfortable you are with breaking things. My preferred method involves ripping stuff open and seeing what's inside, and poking it with a stick till it stops working. (In related news, the local PETA branch hates me)

That said, that's hardly an efficient method. Reading is probably the best way to pick up on stuff. There's a good amount of tutorials in the general modding skills mega sticky and the electronics mega sticky. Additionally, reading through worklogs can provide lots of insight and such.

If as you say, you're an expert with electronics, you should pick it up quite quickly (though shouldn't an electronics expert know how to use the shift key?).

samjc3 said:
My preferred method involves ripping stuff open and seeing what's inside, and poking it with a stick till it stops working. (In related news, the local PETA branch hates me)

PETA is known to be worse than the worst animal shelter when it comes to killing (like 96%), so they probably would hire you.

Re: Re: Where should i start?

If you're relatively new to modding, I'd suggest something like backlighting a gameboy and doing the pro sound mod. That's about all I can do because I'm terrible. The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to prepare to break things. It will happen.

samjc3 said:
(though shouldn't an electronics expert know how to use the shift key?).
#shotsfired

Back