Weird Issue with my PSone Screen's Backlight

Crazy Inventor

I'm on my second psone screen for my portable (the first one died after I did the LED mod and tried to lower the contrast (I think because it was missing the cv23 and cv30 resistors)). The screen worked great until last night when I was testing it and the backlight didn't work. The screen powers on and the backlight flickers on on for a split second then shuts off. I have no idea what's wrong with it. I've checked the board, the little inverter at the top, and the backlight itself. I don't have a problem doing the LED mod again if I have to, I'm guess a bit skeptical that something else caused my old screen to break.

Have you tried putting a glob of solder over the ps1 fuse I think that's the back light fuse or it's the ps2 fuse it's one of them I had the same issue before if that doesn't work I can sell you a ps1 screen board I have some spare boards

E64 said:
Have you tried putting a glob of solder over the ps1 fuse I think that's the back light fuse or it's the ps2 fuse it's one of them I had the same issue before if that doesn't work I can sell you a ps1 screen board I have some spare boards
I'd rather not juno a fuse unless it's my last resort. But thank you for the offer, I'l PM you if I need to buy a board.

I'll keep trouble shooting it for a few more days and if I can't fix, I'll led mod it.

Back