WBFS manager

junits15

Hello!
So i've searched the forums already and I haven;t found an answer for this yet. I'm trying to put some GameCube .iso's onto an SD card so I can play them on my WKF. I've done this in the past and I know that the modchip is good and the SD card is good. In fact there are still a handful of games on the SD card and they all load and play.
The issue is that I'm running Windows 8.1 and for whatever reason WBFS manager crashes on start up every time. I've tried enabling compatibility mode and running as administrator but it doesn't make a difference. Of course the Windows built in troubleshooter is useless so I didn't even bother to try.
Any idea or workarounds for this? Any other program that can manage a WBFS drive and support GC? I'm dual booting Ubuntu and Windows so if there's an available Linux program I will be open to that too :)

I had this problem too. Used wbfs manager 4.0 in the past on windows 7 just fine, now I got 8.1 and it crashes on startup. after trying lots and lots of things from running as admin to editing my registry it would not work at all. So I set up a virtual machine of windows 7 and it works just fine, transfer speeds are a little slow but it's better than nothing.

Files do need to be put onto the SD card in WBFS format, so the only practical way to do that is with WBFS manager. In windows 7.

you can use swiss on flash with wii to load titles from WKF/WASP SD slot...
or you can even boot swiss as homebrew to access WKF/WASP SD slot...

both methods will allow booting GC titles with FAT32 from the WKF/WASP SD slot

megalomaniac said:
you can use swiss on flash with wii to load titles from WKF/WASP SD slot...
or you can even boot swiss as homebrew to access WKF/WASP SD slot...

both methods will allow booting GC titles with FAT32 from the WKF/WASP SD slot
That seems better than hopelessly trying to use WBFS on 8.1. Is there a guide somewhere that explains how to get swiss working? :)

I tried looking for a tutorial for swiss but I only see gamecube ones, is it the same process?

plus I seems like you need wbfs manager 4.0 to put the required files onto a wbfs formatted sd card.

Uhhh I have no idea. I think so? I'm not sure about adding those to a WBFS partition, I use a FAT32 card for GC ISOs.

Back