Verify my build?

1. Replace case with something less *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing overpriced
2. Replace mobo with something less *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing overpriced
Option 3A)
Get 2 6950s for less money than the 7970 for huge increase in performance
Option 3B)
Get a 750W PSU instead, 1000w is *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing stupid and inefficient
Optional 4. Get a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing cheaper CPU unless you'll actually be taking advantage of it in some way like heavy video rendering, which you aren't doing if you're buying an AMD card. Get a 2600k instead and be happy that you can still play Starcraft II without having to whine about FPS issues.
5. Add ram
6. Add a hard drive
7. Poptarts

Mako321 said:
1. Replace case with something less gingivitus-inviting overpriced
2. Replace mobo with something less gingivitus-inviting overpriced
Option 3A)
Get 2 6950s for less money than the 7970 for huge increase in performance
Option 3B)
Get a 750W PSU instead, 1000w is gingivitus-inviting stupid and inefficient
Optional 4. Get a gingivitus-inviting cheaper CPU unless you'll actually be taking advantage of it in some way like heavy video rendering, which you aren't doing if you're buying an AMD card. Get a 2600k instead and be happy that you can still play Starcraft II without having to whine about FPS issues.

Case is what i want, not that hat expensive, and its good for watercooling.
I already have the mobo, got it for half price at alocal shop.
I plan on getting a second 7970, so not even gonna bother with dual 6950's.
1000w for crossfiring.
And i WILL make full use of the 3930x.

kylerock96 said:
Case is what i want, not that hat expensive, and its good for watercooling.
I already have the mobo, got it for half price at alocal shop.
I plan on getting a second 7970, so not even gonna bother with dual 6950's.
1000w for crossfiring.
And i WILL make full use of the 3930x.
If you're water cooling, why aren't you adding the water cooling components to the basket?

Because
1) Newegg doesn't carry the parts I plan on using, have to buy them from swiftech.
2) I don't have the money to watercool ATM, just going to air cool until I get a better income.

kylerock96 said:
Because
1) Newegg doesn't carry the parts I plan on using, have to buy them from swiftech.
2) I don't have the money to watercool ATM, just going to air cool until I get a better income.
Also, water cooling is pretty stupid.

kylerock96 said:
Not really.
Costs a LOT of money to set up, costs a LOT of money to maintain, takes a huge amount of time and effort, and all of that goes to flax after a few months when things start to create leaks all for 2 or 3 degree cooler temps. Air cooling is cheaper, easier to maintain and overall a better solution. Unless you're thinking of an enclosed CPU cooling system like Corsair's H series coolers, it's really not worth it for any reason.

If you use water, and silver fittings, its dirt cheap to maintain. As long as you use proper hardware, nothing will leak, i.e. Good hosing, compression fittings, good res, etc. Plus, im doing this not for better temps, but because I WANT TO.

kylerock96 said:
If you use water, and silver fittings, its dirt cheap to maintain. As long as you use proper hardware, nothing will leak, i.e. Good hosing, compression fittings, good res, etc. Plus, im doing this not for better temps, but because I WANT TO.
Have fun when everything inevitably spills out and ruins your precious system.

kylerock96 said:
I'll think of you when it does!

Which it won't.
If it doesn't, you'll be spending more time keeping an eye on it than actually enjoying your rig. Trust me when I say that you won't at all enjoy having a water cooled system, it won't do anything but waste the money you could be spending on a number of other things, related or not to your desktop.

Back