USB Drive

3MZ

Hey is it possible to relocate the "plug" of a USB drive? Figured I should ask before I go and do it.

It's possible. Really it's a job of desoldering and resoldering some wires from the same spots. What're you relocating it for, because it may just be easier to get a USB extension cord or one of the things that turns 1 USB port into multiple. Both are fairly cheap.

I was just making a case for it that would require me to have it relocated. It's no big deal if it's not possible. Is it just "possible", or is it easy to do?

I'm going to actually attempt this, as well. I'm relocating a computer into a briefcase. Depending on when I get around to it I'll tell you how complicated it was :p

Cool, I can't imagine it being that difficult. Are you gonna get to doing that anytime soon?

Okay, now I just need to try to desolder it :sweat: I suck at it cuz i dont really know how

Hey I just thought id say for anybody whos interested, It was a Sega to desolder, idk if its just my pump or the drive itself, but it was quite difficult

hey guys, I need a little help here. I got it desoldered and rewired but when I plug it in... it doesn't work...
Here's what it looks like:
4991559892_dcd6e94d44_z.jpg

4991560840_f1aee90e2d_z.jpg

Any suggestions/tips are very much appreciated.

Looks like a horrible cold solder job and MASSIVE blobs, possibly touching other stuff. Check for shorts and try again.

Hey guys, I got it fixed :dah: Thanks for all of the advice. I guess it was just a bad joint before. :awesome:
4992004160_ddc2c6f022_z.jpg

4991398367_2409a16951_z.jpg

Back