TRIM YOUR PUBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tchay

Frequent Poster
ZENLOC INSPIRED ME TO TRIM MY PUBES

AND SO CAN YOU

lets trim a...

Portable cUBE

Top side - red is the data line. Everything else can go. Controller only needs data, 3.43v, and ground. 3.43 can come from anywhere, and data will come from the red via. Blue marks where you can cut.
wc0hM.jpg

Bottom side - red is data again. The black chip needs 4 things: 2 ground(black), data(red), and via(pink). Thats it. Everything else can be ripped off. X marks what is NOT needed on the board. The Green area vias are where you will wire Memory card A Yellow line is the where you can cut Ground on the chip is the top left prong AND MIDDLE RIGHT PRONG FYI.
auXHE.jpg

*****PLEASE NOTE, I MADE A MISTAKE ON THE ABOVE PICTURE AND HAVE NOW FIXED IT (should be pretty obvious)

DISCLAIMER: BEFORE TRIMMING YOUR PUBES, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERMANENT OR LONG TERM DAMAGE DONE! TRIM WITH CAUTION.

THIS GUIDE IS STILL A WIP. FURTHER TESTING WOULD BE IDEAL, BUT IF YOU FOLLOW THOSE TWO PICS, YOU SHOULD BE OKAY.

CREDITS TO THE ALMIGHTY ZENLOC FOR THIS AMAZING TRIM JOB

Nice one on the little guide.

Further testing is needed though to see if everything works properly in the long run. I've got all controller ports and both memorycards wired up and everything is still working incl sound and a perfect video image. Also note that this was done on a PAL board. You should check to see if everything works right with a NTSC board.

When I have fully tested everything I shall post some info and pics with all my detailed results.

Gotta make it small.... gotta make it smaller.... gotta make it the smallest!!!!!! :twisted:

Yes indeed! I did do some tests and literally ripped everything off on a DOL-CPU-10. Its interesting because these boards are supposed to have memory card issues after ripping certain caps off. But this board works fine.

Only issue would be that the sound is slightly staticky and lower. I'm thinking this might be a voltage issue or the amp on the board is failing. I will try using my own amp to see if that fixes it. (this board is useless since wiikey fusion doesn't work on CPU-10 boards).

Use a 3v rumble motor and power the 5v line with the 3.4v line from the cube and your sorted. The 5v line for the memorycard is not needed. Using a sd-gecko however is not tested without a 5v line.

Like I said there is still plenty of testing to do before we can say for certain that it works 100%.

About the sound just get rid of that built in amp and connect sound directly to a lower voltages sound amp with speakers.

Hi !
What about if you want 2 or more players ? And two memorycard slots ? Should it work on all Rev A B and C ?
Thank you !

Here's a little pic showing you the 5v line is not being used by a original 256 memorycard and a sd-gecko. So as far as I can say the 5v line is never needed.

m7co7a.jpg

Also I have wired both memorycard ports and all 4 controller ports to my cut board and everything works fine. I will upload a video soon once I get everything cleaned up.

EDIT: When hardwiring a memorycard-sdgecko to the board you can leave pin 12 unconnected and just feed pin 1 3.4v which is the sense line.

zenloc said:
So if you rewire it just give pin 1 3.4v and leave pin 12 disconnected.

Pin 1/12 is a "sense" line. To tell the GC that something is inserted or not in that slot. Only do what Zen has said if you are making the memcard/sd gecko non-removable. Else you will get errors.

ah yes how right you are. I should've added that it was for hardwired memorycard-sd-gecko mods only.

Thanks for pointing that out :)

zenloc said:
ah yes how right you are. I should've added that it was for hardwired memorycard-sd-gecko mods only.

Thanks for pointing that out :)

I just wire them all to be safe. I mean, it doesn't make a difference in terms of sizing right? So 6 wires plus 2 for power and ground. Pretty simple :D

kill00man said:
Should it work on a DOL-CPU-01 board or still only for DOL-20 ?
I don't want to kill the memory card slots :rolleyes:

CPU - 01???????? Is that a Rev C?

If so, then you cant do any of the slimming mentioned in this guide.

Rev A or B, I think so, it has the separated regulator board. And it is clearly writen "DOL-CPU(P)-01", I'll take a photo if you want ;) According to the scans, there's not to much differencies between DOL-20 and mine,only some few capacitors around the analog AV out, as far as I can see...

For the other memory card slot, you can see a similar zone as the "green zone" at the bottom of the pictures (you can't see it on the pictures but it exists), it should be here I think. For the other players, I don't have an idea yet, you should have to follow the traces !

******WARNING******

JUST BECAUSE THE MEMORY CARD IS DETECTED AND SHOWS EACH FILE AT THE STARTUP DOES NOT MEAN IT IS WORKING PROPERLY.

THE ONLY DEFINITIVE WAY TO TEST THE MEMORY CARD IS TO ACTUALLY SAVE A FILE IN GAME AND SEE THAT FILE RUN PROPERLY.

It concerns me. I should have checked this months ago. My bad. At this point, CPU-11 and CPU-10 have no hope of ever getting to the "PSP size" as the memory card works but is considered "corrupt" when in game.

For CPU-20...
And unless Zenloc has tested it, I will need to make sure you can still actually save files after trimming that much.

You've been warned.

I have both memorycard slot A and B wired up and both work fine. Writing and reading. Memorycard is not corrupt. I have only tested a original memorycard though.

Back