(TIP) 5" for a reasonable price

EDIT
Nvm, price changed back to 68/piece.
A typo in the listing apparently

I'm quite pi**ed of right now :evil2:

I just found out that a little over a week after my screen was shipped from Dalian Good Display, they changed the price of their 5 inchers. They are now priced $68 per lot of 2 screens (I paid 68 + shipping for one). So around 50 each shipped. Just in one of their listings though. Rather good deal if you need more than one screen.
I really don't understand how their pricing system works though :wtf:

LINK

Anyway, I wouldn't risk buying from the seller i posted earlier (Shenzhen Xinjiuding...), as they only offer payment options without safety, when you can get screens with known quality from Good Display for the same price.

Hi!

Found this last week, and contacted the supplier.
Apparently, it's the same driver board used by Dalian Good Display's 5 incher (which means composite, VGA and S-video?), but with an Innolux display.
From what I know, Innolux is a quite well-known display manufacturer.

Anyway, the price was $33/piece for orders up to 50 pcs, which is rather cheap, compared to Dalian ones. There was also another model with just composite in for $30, but I can hardly see the point in buying one of those instead.

Minimum order quantity is 2 pcs, + $30 shipping (to Sweden, could be cheaper to the US) with DHL express = around $90-100,
which means you get 2 screens shipped for the same price as one from Dalian.

Found this one right after my screen from Dalian shipped out :wtf:, otherwise I would've got 2 of these instead to test them out

I also got datasheets if anyone wants them

Re: (TIP) 5" VGA screens for a reasonable price

Thanks for this link! Might be ordering a few. :)

+1 to you, sir. My new favorite member who found a cheap 5" screen. :p

My only gripe with these screens is that they have a soft power switch. Perhaps if traced out, we could bypass the circuit and hardwire power to the screen...

Hmm...
After a closer look, the company only accepts wire transfer and Western Union.
They are a gold supplier though
I've never paid using these methods before, so I don't really know how it works.

B_M, about that power switch...
My screen from Good Display arrived today, and it's got the same driver board with the soft power button.
The neat thing is, when the board gets power, it automatically turns on the screen without the need of button-pressing :awesome:
so you won't have to rewire anything

/Abb_eliten

Re: (TIP) 5" for a reasonable price, now Good Display ones

Awh, that is too bad. At least your screens should work out, there are far worse horror stories out of China than a speedbump like this.

Re: (TIP) 5" for a reasonable price, now Good Display ones

Yes, could be far worse.

But it kinda sucks to know if you waited just a little bit longer you could get 2 screens for the same price as one.

Others may find the link useful, I hope. Dalian Good Display is a good company, but their internal communication could need some improvement :rolleyes:

Back