The white screen of death

seanmacdonn

I need some help troubleshooting the Zenith PS2 screen (pretty sure its the same as a PS1 screen). I plugged it in with nothing hooked up, and I got a white screen. When I look close I can see the volume bar, but its really faint. I have an extremely demolished motherboard (In addition to the one I'm using) so If a part needs replacing, I might be able to make the transplant. Thanks.

I already have. just to double check though, I only need the Video, Left and Right Audio, and ground attached from the N64 to the screen (I'm making a N64p by the way) and the three headphone wires hooked up. Also I just did the anti-glare mod. Maybe it was wet, could it be fried, or is it still fixable?

Did you put 5v to the correct pin at the bottom? If you fon't get 5v to a certain pin on one of the bottom plugs, it won't power on.

You can get a new polarizer layer on the internet, but it'll be pricey. Otherwise, you can get a new LCD from somebody that killed the board.

snowpenguin said:
Did you put 5v to the correct pin at the bottom? If you fon't get 5v to a certain pin on one of the bottom plugs, it won't power on.

I don't put the 5v in. Works like a charm.

I already fried my old screen, so I'm just using that. I think it will work. I didnt realize that I pulled off the polarizer.

Back