The retro nintendo worklog- 3: One Heck of a case! UPDATE

zharrhen

Other parts of the :
--http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.?f=36&t=10210
N64------- http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10217

This case will be an abomination! It has to hold an untrimmed n64, an untrimmed gamecube, a Tristar, and a Gameboy player for the gamecube. Also it will have to hold all of that weight and the weight of the batteries and screen, which is big and heavy. Since I can't find anything that all of those things can fit into, no surprise, I have to make a custom case. Since I don't have a vacuum forming table, and I'm too lazy to make one, I am making this "Thing" out of wood. It will be approximately 21 inches long, 7.5 inches wide, and I have no idea how high. By now, you can tell that this isn't a handheld project, but it is technically portable. I chose wood because it is easy to cut, strong, and I can sand it and give it rounded edges. It will be painted black, and on the bottom, it will say in big block letters "MODRETRO." Also I found an old watch that is still working, and since it was really cheap ($10.00) I took it apart and there will be a clock in the middle of the eight (Yes, I meant eight) controller ports.

No pictures yet, sorry.

EDIT: I have a diagram of what I think it should look like.

Nintendo%20box%20diagram.png

I may need to explain. The controller ports and memory card slots for the gamecube are on the left. The n64 controller ports are on the right. The clock is in the middle. The gamecube and gameboy games go in the left. N64, snes, and nes games are on the right. The screen is (Obviously) on the top. You can't see it on this picture, but there is going to be a bin in the middle of the controller ports to hold the AC adapter that the tristar needs (That part isn't battery powered) and the gameboy player disk that is needed for gameboy games. (God i hope i don't loose it). If you have any questions or ideas, tell me in the comments.

Re: The retro nintendo worklog- 3: One Heck of a case!

I would look into a briefcase for this project. For example, the pelican cases people like putting their xbox 360's and PS3s in.

Re: The retro nintendo worklog- 3: One Heck of a case!

ttsgeb said:
I would look into a briefcase for this project. For example, the pelican cases people like putting their xbox 360's and PS3s in.
I thought about that and i decided not to because A.) I already have the wood and B.) I have no money left in my budget for this project :gonk:

Back