Star Citizen

Mako321

I like purpale ponies
Anyone else hyped up for the revival of space sims? Elite:DangerousStar Citzen looks like it's going to be my main game for a while when it releases, and I can't be the only person who's pledged. What ships do you guys have?

I'm considering pledging for the Aurora. I just got myself a flight stick (opened it up just now) to use with my new PC, and a couple of my friends are super-hyped for this game.

I do appreciate the notion of the game, but I'll wait awhile before I throw my money at it, after all, if I'm not sold, that money could go towards my current object of burning desire, and every little bit counts.

In a somewhat tangentially related line of questioning, do you think that Star Citizen will run at 12k (3x4k panels)? Most games just sorta die when they think about it, from what I hear.

samjc3 said:
I do appreciate the notion of the game, but I'll wait awhile before I throw my money at it, after all, if I'm not sold, that money could go towards my current object of burning desire, and every little bit counts.

In a somewhat tangentially related line of questioning, do you think that Star Citizen will run at 12k (3x4k panels)? Most games just sorta die when they think about it, from what I hear.
On my rig I can downsample to 4k at 30fps maxed out, but this is way before they optimize the game. Not with current hardware but by the time the game comes out, maybe.

The PAX East SC event starts in about a week and there's under 3500 alpha slots left, and alpha will start getting rolled out to backers(Not everyone will get it at launch supposedly) very soon afterwards. Alpha slots will probably dry up at/just after that. If you're interested in pledging for the game, the sooner the better. And y'know, if you pledge before funding hits 42m you get your very own virtual towel!
http://www.twitch.tv/nyaandere Event countdown

I just deposited my paycheck, so I suppose I should buy in. Plus, I mean, I need a towel if I'm gonna travel through space.

Back